What do you guys do?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
CftBL

What do you guys do?

Post by CftBL »

I just realized, at four machines, I probably need to check my insurance coverage to make sure my pins are covered in the event something happens (basement flood, fire, someone gets really ticked at a pin...)
My question is what do you guys do to make sure your pins are properly covered? How do you show their value? Do you just point the insurance agent to the Pinside values and say good enough? I'm curious how you handle insuring your machines.

Thanks!
Mike
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
NoahK

Re: What do you guys do?

Post by NoahK »

I met with our insurance guy a few months ago to discuss this. He came over, looked at the machines, and I quoted him some numbers. A few weeks later I got a quote for a rider to our home insurance based on that.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Rare that you would need a rider for most reputableinsurance agencies.

In most cases policies will cover up to 50% of home value for contents so long as not collectibles like coins, stamps, diamonds (check to make sure pinball machines/coin operated devices dont fall in this category on your policy)

If you have a 250k home value then you shoudl be covered for 125k in contents.

To document the best is to video and archive that video. Walk through your entire house once a year and tlak out loud as you record to note the contents. For Pinball, I suggest photos of your games showing serial #s and general condition.

I have had a lengthy talk with my agent (state Farm) and got all the details laid out for me.

I did recently get an umbrella policy. With over 50 games, a few side businesses, and more crap as I age I figured it was worth the small annual few to cover everything. For us, it may more finacial sense to get the 1 million umbrella rather han a rider as the umbrella will cover all sorts of stuff.
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Last I talked with my insurance, they've always said it's covered under homeowners. Granted, that was before my total value in games shot up; so might have to talk with them again.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Our agent (State Farm) said everything was covered, too.

I am definitely guilty of not documenting my fancy toy acquisitions. If my house went up in flames, nobody would believe how much crap I have. Not pinball tables... there’s probably more circuit boards in my house right now than there is toilet paper squares. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses