Star Wars

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Re: Star Wars

Post by ChrisS »

Am I the only one that thinks the Magna slings would have ruled in this machine? The "force" could have redirected balls and such.

Its a good looking machine. Cant wait for someone to buy a premium so I can play it.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ChrisS wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:30 pm Am I the only one that thinks the Magna slings would have ruled in this machine? The "force" could have redirected balls and such.

Its a good looking machine. Cant wait for someone to buy a premium so I can play it.

I would have preferred a magnet trick, like BSD mist or even TAF power.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

ChrisS wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 pm You aren't out of room yet? :lol:
Well yeah, we are out of room. At least one table is going to have to go. :(
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Chris K wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:12 pm
ChrisS wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 pm You aren't out of room yet? :lol:
Well yeah, we are out of room. At least one table is going to have to go. :(
Dang, well I has always wanted a WCS. :lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

How about a Getaway? I got it from this famous dude, I think that makes it worth a ton more. :)
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

The Dead Flip stream last night was good. It gave us a glimpse of some of the audio and video, and some of the strategies in the game. Might be actually fun for a while. Seems like it plays fast, and they incorporate the center button a bit more. Code-wise, it seems to mimic GoT, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Looks like code is pretty good out of the gate.

I am looking forward to the Madison Pinball one arriving soon!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Game looks like it is going to be fun.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Hilton wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:05 am Looks like code is pretty good out of the gate.

It was too bad they asked the one guy with the gray shirt and whitish hair to drain after he was creeping up on 8 billion. He was killing it. I didn't hear at the time, but was he heading into a mode that wasn't completed yet or did Stern not want to "spoil" any end game modes?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

QuyN wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:55 am
Hilton wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:05 am Looks like code is pretty good out of the gate.

It was too bad they asked the one guy with the gray shirt and whitish hair to drain after he was creeping up on 8 billion. He was killing it. I didn't hear at the time, but was he heading into a mode that wasn't completed yet or did Stern not want to "spoil" any end game modes?
not sure but I think he uncovered a big bug and it was going to mess up ball count on the game, or he was so close to a mode that was not programmed that they were afraid he would bonk the game/show a bad part.

That is the first time they had pros on to play for a reveal. That was Josh Sharpe, head of IFPA and a top 20 rated player. The dude with the beard was Keith Elwin, a top 5 player and now stern employee (he made the Archer pinball with his brother)
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I'm pretty sure Jim had a bug that allowed a single ball during what was supposed to be multiball. He let that ball drain, the other ball unlocked (as it should have before, I presume) and the machine "fixed itself". Dwight seemed to be on top of what was going on, so I'm sure he'll be fixing any glaring bugs like that pretty quickly. He seems very excited about his rulesets, but also really nervous about how polished they are - that's a pretty good combo.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

I see. Being in the top 20, no wonder he was killing it and going into "uncharted' code territory. Maybe Stern should get the tip and have a more complete code before putting out to the market? Not that I would ever progress that deep into a fresh game. :)
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Well, the code is done for me; I’ll never get that far. :)
chaos

Post by chaos »

I got a few games in while I was at Pintastic this past weekend.

First impressions:
- It's really FAST. The shots are clean, but if you whiff them, that ball is right back on your flippers in an instant.
- The font is terrible, and I had a really great chat with Zombie Yeti about the artwork (and about Disney).
- It seems like it's really a game built around points, and not goals or story, which was a little disappointing. That said, it was all about bonus multipliers, and playing as R2D2 made for some ridiculous numbers in front of the 'X'
- The use of the button is way more interesting than AC/DC or Hobbit or Star Wars. There's a mode where the entire point is to wail on the button and what's going on with the ball is not even important.

I only got maybe five games in, and another hour or so of watching people while I was in line, so we were still trying to figure out how to stack modes (you can definitely run two at a time, but we were wondering if you can have more) and figure out all of the multiballs. It was fun, but if it wasn't Star Wars, I think I'd be far less interested.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

SWpro is in the city...

Being made route ready and hopefully going out in the next day or 2...

in Stern fashion, "stay tuned"