Pinball Near Madison

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
rdexter

Pinball Near Madison

Post by rdexter »

I have a new addiction to pinball. It's like discovering a brand new world - where has pinball been all my life!

Anyways, I live outside of Madison in Verona and want to know where I can play some different tables. I am brand new to this and at the present time my wife says no way to having a pinball table at the house. Maybe I can eventually wear here down. Any of you guys with pins want to make a new friend and invite me over? I'll bring the Stella! All jokes aside (although I would be open to making some new friends with similar interests), where are the best places to play? Thanks all and wish I didn't have plans this weekend so I could go to that Pinball Expo in Chicago.

Thanks for welcoming me into the WisconsinPinball forum!
Hilton

Re: Pinball Near Madison

Post by Hilton »

Welcome!!!

The best place to find games on route ot play is at the pinside pinmap >>> http://pinside.com/pinball/map
They recently updated teh server and are having some issues with the pinmap feature but it will likely get fixed in a bit.

For local games, most operators don't take care of their games very well so not much fun. Tully takes care of the quarter time games and they are always nice playing.

Eastgate cinema has a few (AVengers and FT?) Wannabowl in waunakee has a few games. Not sure where else has nice playing games on route that are quartertime games?

Stop by Rossi's Pizza and Arcade in Monona. Games are usually OK, but have issues. The pizza is good.

Up North bar in Madison currently has a poor condition XMen and a decent BBH pin.

Again >> welcome.

Be sure to mark Wannabowl tourney on your calander for next spring and MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic) is the biggest event in WI each year. I think thatis slated for next Apr 12-13??? dates may not be solid just yet?
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Thanks for the reply Hilton! I will plan on going to the MGC and will look for info on the Wannabowl tournament. Appreciate you taking the time to respond and I hope to meet you sometime soon.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Hi RDex

We are trying to give this site some traction but it's a little slow taking off. You will also find a thread on Pinside labeled Official Wisconsin-Minnesota Thread where you can meet a bunch of guys from the area. Dave and Hilton seem to be the most active from the Madison area but if you are willing to road trip there is plenty of pinball action in the state.

If you are ever in the Wausau area I always have about 14 games up and working at any given time and you are welcome to stop in. Lots of others will offer the same.

Russ
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Russ - THANKS BUDDY!
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Russ - I will definitely take you up on the offer if I'm up in that area. This may be the first time I'm thinking I wished I lived further North 8-) .

I am on Pinside but don't see how to find the Official Wisconsin-Minnesota Thread? Any insight on that? Thanks again.

Ryan
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

You can also contact MadPinBaller on here (Lance). He had an AMAZING location spreadsheet he handed out at league this past week.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

If your'e up for a trip to Milwaukee, there are a lot of pins on route (at least fifty), and three monthly tournaments at locations that an operator keeps in pretty decent shape. Check out Pinside's map, or visit the Upcoming Events forum on this site to find out what's going on out this way.
stephen007

Post by stephen007 »

Also check out http://www.pinballmap.com/milwaukee It has a lot of locations listed for the Milwaukee area (really all of Wisconsin). It also has an iOS & Android app so you can find locations when you're out & about.
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

I've been updating locations around Madison and across the state on the Pinside online map - see some good spots in Verona and Stevens Point. See you at the next MadCity League night next Sunday at Tullsters in Waterloo :D :P :lol: I'll bring some hard copies of the Madison/Wisc pins list.
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact