2021 Season to Start!

Mil-town is down with the Silver Ball
ChestRockwell

2021 Season to Start!

Post by ChestRockwell »

New Season of the Milwaukee Flippers League is planned! Most of you are returning, but if you are new or would like to get in on some post-Covid flippin' shenanigans, here is more info:

Hey there, fellow flippers! 4th-ish year of Milwaukee Flippers League!! Here are the basics: League nights will primarily take place on designated Saturday evenings, beginning at 7 p.m.. There is a possibility of a couple Sunday afternoon starts, but we'll play it by ear. League will also almost exclusively be hosted at Jim Rad's private residence. While many of the Milwaukee pin community knows Jim, for those who don't he is a pinball collector, enthusiast, and overall super decent dude. The location is in Milwaukee, near Highway 100 and Beloit. Jim has 32(!!!!) finely tuned pinball machines in his collection for league members to play. Seriously, they are all in IMPECCABLE shape. Rounds of Group Match Play will be played in 4 and 3 player groups. I will be using matchplay.events software to organize groups quickly, with 7 games being played each league night. (Of course, play before and after league night is always welcome). Scoring is 7-5-3-1 in 4-player groups, and 7-4-1 in 3-player groups. Each "season" consists of 2 league nights, with the final results based on total points. There will be no initial entry fee whatsoever, only $10 per person each league night(or $15 if you want to drink beers). $5 will go towards snacks/beer/soda/water/electricity/location, and the other $5 will entirely be for some awesome trophies-(thanks, TrophyAthleticMKE)- and payouts. Trophies and payouts will be handed out at the conclusion of every 2 league nights/"season". If you are interested, please send me a message on here(wisconsinpinball). However, I honestly find it much easier to create events and inform/chat with people via Facebook, hence that is the easiest way to get into league and know when events are happening. It's a Closed Group simply called "Milwaukee Flippers League". Search for that, and friend request me, Paul Okruhlica, if you wish. Another option is to directly email me at: p.okruhlica@gmail.com.
There is also a "Member's Only" section in this thread where details about each league night will be available for league member's only. The Members Only thread and Facebook will be the primary ways to RSVP for each league night, and a way to inform league members of critical details or emergency changes. Password will be provided after your membership is confirmed. Probably will fill each night on a first reply/first serve basis and will likely cap it at 36 people, but that is assuming we ever even approach that number. Also, this is an adult league for adults, who use adult language while drinking adult beverages, so we would like to keep this league for people 18+ years of age. That said, I believe exceptions can be made if it's discussed with Jim/the host. Lastly, we WILL be reporting to and supporting the IFPA(International Flipper Pinball Association) every 2 months. That means $1 must be thrown in the "IFPA Jar" by each league member for each 2-month season. No biggie. So, there you have it!!! Excitement is building!!!! Games are waxed, leveled and ready to go!!!! Message me now to get in!!!!