2018-2019 schedule

Just south of Canada, just north of Milwaukee.
boustrophedonic

2018-2019 schedule

Post by boustrophedonic »

Summer is over halfway over and back-to-school shopping is starting… which means it’s time to start thinking about pinball league for the 2018-2019 season! The dates for this upcoming year are:

September 15
October 6
November 3
December 1
January 5
February 2
March 2
March 30
April 27
May 18
June 15 (finals)

We currently have 5 hosts located in Grafton, Saukville, Cedarburg, and West Bend. Doors open at 6pm and game play starts at 7pm. There are 5 rounds each night. We use Matchplay software with Swiss pairings. The league is not sanctioned by IFPA or any other sanctioning body.

There is a $20 fee to participate that covers the entire year. The year is divided up into 5 “sessions” (for example, session #1 is Sept. 15 and Oct. 6, session #2 is Nov. 3 and Dec. 1, etc.). For each session, the 1st/2nd/3rd place finishers with points receive a fraction of the pot. First place for the session receives 50%, second place receives 30%, and third place receives 20%. Ties are not broken, so prizes are split for all finishers in a particular place (for example, if two people finish in 1st place, each would receive 40% of the pot). Because each session is scored independently, we had lots of different winners last year due to luck/randomness. Finals night is separate and will run more like a tournament.

If you are absent for a particular night, you will receive a percentage of your average as the score for that night. First absence is 80%, second is 70%, etc. You must be present at least one of the 2 nights of a session to win a payout. Subs are allowed, but the sub’s score will be capped at the absentee percentage score. However, using a sub does not count as an absence.

In addition to the league fee, for each league night attended every person pays $10 to the host for dinner/snacks/drinks/pinball maintenance. This is an amazing deal and the hosts usually put in tons of time and lose money, so please don’t forget to pay. Some hosts will also run optional side games either for fun or for a small pot (e.g., $1 to buy in).

Space is limited and sign-ups are first-come, first-served. To sign up, just send me a PM and I will reply to confirm your spot.

Thanks!
-Fred
lilge

Re: 2018-2019 schedule

Post by lilge »

Hi there! Been encouraged to join a league and looking around. I'm in Sheboygan so I am interested if this league is still happening in 2019-2020? Thanks!
boustrophedonic

Re: 2018-2019 schedule

Post by boustrophedonic »

Sorry, totally forgot to post the schedule this year! We've got a very small number of spots left if you're interested. I put this year's dates in a new topic, just LMK if you're interested in joining!