Arcade 1up RetroPie/MAME conversion

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
bmaster31

Arcade 1up RetroPie/MAME conversion

Post by bmaster31 »

Hey Gang,
I was fortunate enough to receive an XMen vs Street Fighter Arcade1Up for Christmas this year. Not being a big fan of fighting games and this already having 6 button setup, I starting looking into converting this to a RetroPie setup. This will be my first venture into Arcade setups and after some research I wanted to reach out to this group to see what some dos and don'ts are.

I've worked on pinball machines, and have a software development background, but I lack time to tinker much. I think I would be fine sourcing and swapping out buttons/joystick/etc, but from what I'm reading the RetroPie setup can take quite a bit of tinkering. So I was looking at arcademodup.com to purchase a kit to just drop in. Any one have experience with them or someone else who makes kits like this? Or does anyone have a setup I could copy to just drop into a Raspberry Pie?

Also these new cabinets have a stereo setup and built in volume button, which looks different than what others have posted. So I'm not sure if that changes what I should be doing.

Any help/feedback anyone could provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
-Brandon
northvibe

Re: Arcade 1up RetroPie/MAME conversion

Post by northvibe »

My brother in law just asked me to do this to his marvel 1up cab. I need to set aside some time to get the parts list etc. I can update when I get it going!
Pinballs - MMr, MBr, TNA, CCr, Multimorphic P3, Metpro, Playball, Sopranos
bmaster31

Re: Arcade 1up RetroPie/MAME conversion

Post by bmaster31 »

I forgot about this post. I ended up figuring it out by digging through various youTube videos and other sites. In the end, I got things working the way I wanted. If I get time i'll post more about what I purchased/used etc.