NBA Fastbreak

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
Chris K

Re: NBA Fastbreak

Post by Chris K »

Hey, wanna blow out your timeline?

1. Put all the backbox guts in the cab
2. Build a short, tiny DMD-size "backbox" and put it where the backbox SHOULD go, mounting a DMD in it
3. Put the two pins "butt to butt" so they look like a gigantic Joust pin
4. Play the game in versus mode face-to-face with your opponent and heckle them mercilessly

Put some of your trademark light bars on it and wire them up to a jackpot flasher or something so you can blast your opponent when you hit a shot, and it's pinball griefer's dream come true. :twisted:
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:48 am Hey, wanna blow out your timeline?

1. Put all the backbox guts in the cab
2. Build a short, tiny DMD-size "backbox" and put it where the backbox SHOULD go, mounting a DMD in it
3. Put the two pins "butt to butt" so they look like a gigantic Joust pin
4. Play the game in versus mode face-to-face with your opponent and heckle them mercilessly

Put some of your trademark light bars on it and wire them up to a jackpot flasher or something so you can blast your opponent when you hit a shot, and it's pinball griefer's dream come true. :twisted:
This would have been helpful info two days ago.... before I joined these up Total Recall style....
Attachments
45F1C303-A915-45FE-9406-274307734978.png
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Whoa, I'd never seen that before. That's pretty awesome. I don't know how you'd MOVE it, but awesome nonetheless!

Are you planning on doing something custom with the cabinets like that? I thought you were doing standard cabs?
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Standard cabs... nothing exotic. After my kids are bored with them, I will move them on for a Guardians of the Galaxy most likely, or two more racing cabs :shock:
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

You need some motorized driving cabs! Kalahari had an Outrun cab a few years back that was the coolest driving cab I've played:

https://www.segaarcade.us.com/games/out ... binet.html

The thing moved in two axes, which was a lot of fun to drift!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm You need some motorized driving cabs! Kalahari had an Outrun cab a few years back that was the coolest driving cab I've played:

https://www.segaarcade.us.com/games/out ... binet.html

The thing moved in two axes, which was a lot of fun to drift!
I played a 12 player version of Daytona on that setup, it was was incredible.

I can’t imagine trying to move one of those things.
Current Collection