overlay or new playfield

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
lg40

overlay or new playfield

Post by lg40 »

So I'm thinking of doing a restoration on a Zenon, but was thinking of doing an overlay instead of a new playfield from CPR to save money. I was going to put a playfield protector over the top (a sheet of plastic over the overlay not Mylar). What are people's thoughts?
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Eric_S

Re: overlay or new playfield

Post by Eric_S »

I'm not a big fan of playfield overlays. I'd suggest spending the extra few hundred for a new playfield.

Did you get the switch issue figured out?
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Eric_S wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:28 pm I'm not a big fan of playfield overlays. I'd suggest spending the extra few hundred for a new playfield.

Did you get the switch issue figured out?
Yes I did. Found a wire that still had insulation around it that lead to one of the switches that seemed kinda thin, when I cut open it was hanging on by one strand of wire. Fixed the wire and everything was ok.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Agree with Eric. New CPR playfield is the way to go! Worth the extra money especially if you have to do all that work.

You may want to reach out to Mark (Methos) as he may have a playfield to sell. It's mentioned in his game ad on here.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
lg40

Post by lg40 »

MikeS wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 am Agree with Eric. New CPR playfield is the way to go! Worth the extra money especially if you have to do all that work.

You may want to reach out to Mark (Methos) as he may have a playfield to sell. It's mentioned in his game ad on here.
I just tried to contact him, but I think somebody might of beat me out. Thanks for the heads up.