Store near MKE or Madison with slow blow fuses

Tech Help, Restorations, Refurbishments, "Shop Out" Photos, Notes
hayrebear

Store near MKE or Madison with slow blow fuses

Post by hayrebear »

Anyone know of a store in Milwaukee or Madison that carries 2.5 AMP slow blow fuses? I’ve tried a few stores in the area but have come up short. One local hardware store actually had a spot but was out.
Current Collection: Gottlieb Soccer, Flash, Meteor, Pinbot, Bally Atlantis, The Getaway, Fish Tales, Tales from the Crypt, Mary Shelley Frankenstein, Star Trek Pro, TNA, Iron Maiden, Rick and Morty, Ultraman CE
Tim E

Re: Store near MKE or Madison with slow blow fuses

Post by Tim E »

Hello,
I just ordered online from Radio Shack, as they are pretty much out of business with brick and mortar stores, try that if you cannot find them locally. I ordered fuses and they have a bunch of options.

Tim
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Check some of the auto parts stores. I think Menards, Ace, True Value may stock them too.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

im halfway between madison and milwaukee (sullivan area) and buy in bulk... i probably have quite a few.... just hit me up if you need some....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Yup. If you have a few machines go through your manuals and make a list of the fuses and make a pinball life order. Never hurts to have the 3-8amp slow blow on hand.

Chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

Last time i needed them, Grainger had them in stock in Madison. Also Werner Electric had the ones that Grainger did not have.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

not sure where you are located, but Im on the eastside of Madison and almost always have a spare fuse of all the common sizes.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

ACE Hardware has various slow blow fuses. Check in their bulk hardware section. I'm not sure if they have 2.5 specifically, but they certainly have other sizes. That said, there are some ACEs that have more than others. YMMV. I go to the one on Cottage Grove Rd in Madison (near the lake)
hayrebear

Post by hayrebear »

Thanks all! I have tried some local stores (Menards, ACE, etc). ACE was the only one with a shelf spot for 2.5 amp, but they were out and the item was listed as special order (with no good timetable from an employee on restock).

I am going to try a few of the other suggestions you guys mentioned. Or contact one of you if I find myself in a real pinch :D

I was initially hoping to find a decent local source to avoid having pay shipping from something like Pinball Life. However, I think I have enough stuff on the need/want list that I may place an order a bit sooner than expected. I'll probably tack some fuses in there too, again assuming i don't get some from a local store today/tomorrow.
Current Collection: Gottlieb Soccer, Flash, Meteor, Pinbot, Bally Atlantis, The Getaway, Fish Tales, Tales from the Crypt, Mary Shelley Frankenstein, Star Trek Pro, TNA, Iron Maiden, Rick and Morty, Ultraman CE
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I bulk bought out a radio shack store when it closed, so I have a ton of fuses. Like a metric ton... Just not sure how many of those are 2.5. I will look tonight and let you know.

Terry has pretty good prices at PBL, but I typically bulk buy from Mouser..... www.mouser.com

Look at your stock and shoot me a PM with what you need, and I will check out what I have. I am not kidding when I say I have over 800 fuses. My receipt from Radio Shack when it closed was over 20ft. long (not a joke)....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I did the same thing at Radio Shack, bought every fuse pack they had, I think 12 cents a pack.