February 16th 2019 Ballers

Chris K

Re: February 16th 2019 Ballers

Post by Chris K »

Sorry, I was hoping I'd be able to make it, but I can't. I'm missing a lot of Ballers lately. :(
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Friday bump! Still plenty of space left, if you can make it; let Eric or myself know!
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Thanks to evybody that turned up. The Flip Frenzy experiment was a good time, thanks for humoring me on that.

To anybody that was disappointed with how drastically the night turned into VR Lightsaber arena mayhem after the clock ran out; sorry, not sorry. :D

Link to the match play results/stats: https://matchplay.events/live/2v0ew/standings
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

any thoughts after running your first flip frenzy?

I am really interested in the format (wish I could have made it over to hang and check it out).
epthegeek

Re: February 16th 2019 Balle

Post by epthegeek »

We had five matches going with three people in the queue. Because I picked only games that tend to play quicker, the queue turned over really fast most of the time. Could have used another person or two in the queue, but running only 4 matches world have exaggerated the effect so we just went with it. If I did it again I don’t think I’d be as picky about which ganes are included and just let things happen however they may.

It’s really enjoyable to be playing much more often, even in each game (when it’s only 2 player instead of four).

I wouldn’t want to do FF tournaments all the time, but as a change of pace for a not-so-serious battle, it was a blast.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sounds fun. Thx
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Thanks Eric and Liz had a great time. Really enjoyed the Sabre Beats, super awesome.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Ken

Post by Ken »

The best league night in ages! Thanks again Eric, Liz, and Emma!
FF was very fun and fast paced!
And it was awesome watching everybody play VR and jamming out to the tunes!