League Night signup - REMINDER

u2sean

League Night signup - REMINDER

Post by u2sean »

Hey all,

Please remember that we are using the Calendar to track actual attendance for league night. This allows our hosts to plan for the appropriate number of people that will be showing up. I see only 5 people officially signed up for next week Friday, which is why I'm following up.

If you're having trouble marking your status try this:
1. Click on the details of the calendar item
2. Click on the "back" arrow in the upper left to take you to a monthly calendar
3. From there look at the day and you'll see two events that are the same. Click on the lighter colored one, and you should be able to modify your attendance there.

If you're still having trouble doing this please let us know so we can figure something out. Thanks!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Ran

Re: League Night signup - REMINDER

Post by Ran »

Sean
Been trying for a bit to use the calendar to add my "yes" the league night on the 20th.
Can't figure it out.
Is it possible that this doesn't work on an iPad?
-Ran
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

This is the calendar from Quick links->calendar correct? When I go there I don't see any events. However, if I click the "google" icon at the bottom right of the calendar then I get into the google calendar and that works fine.

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Ran

Post by Ran »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:This is the calendar from Quick links->calendar correct? When I go there I don't see any events. However, if I click the "google" icon at the bottom right of the calendar then I get into the google calendar and that works fine.

Garrett
Thanks Garrett
So on my ipad the Google icon on the bottom right is cropped off and could only see a sliver of the icon.
Luckily my dainty fingers are thin enough that I can just touch that sliver of the Google icon to open the Google calendar.
Thanks!
Current Collection
Ran

Post by Ran »

Opened the Google calendar but can't add my "yes" anywhere to the attendees list.
The host knows I'm attending but I'll still try and figure out how to get this all to work on the iPad and add my 'yes' to the calendar.
Current Collection
Ken

Post by Ken »

Don't feel bad Ran, can't get it on my iPhone either. Will add a yes for Alec and I tonight at work.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Did everyone else get an email when the new calendar was set up with the upcoming league night?

I got one and that is what I used to confirm. The email had a Y, N, Maybe button I think and I just clicked it.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Mine did not have any of that. I had to click on the date, click on "copy to my calendar", then once in my calendar I was allowed to respond with "yes, no or maybe"
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

I have also been trying to update mine but I can't see where to do that.
Possibly because my email isn't a gmail account?
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

This is kind of tricky but it's working for me using a computer (not on a tablet / phone).

Once you're on the calendar event there isn't anywhere to update your status. I don't know why - there just isn't. Now, in the upper left corner is a Back Arrow icon. If you hover over it you'll see it say "Back to Calendar". Click on this and you'll see TWO events for MadCity Flippers league. One of them you can change your status on, while the other is the view only. I found that selecting the lighter colored event allowed me to say if I'm attending.

Not being familiar with Google Calendar, I don't know why it behaves this way or what we could do to make it a bit smoother and simply drop you into the event that allows you to respond immediately. I'll check with our Admin and see if he has any thoughts.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
tullster

Post by tullster »

It took me a lot of screwing around, but I got it to work on my computer. It seems like you need a Google account?

I'm the lucky one who's in charge of updating the MadCity dates on the Calendar. I put March/Lance's date up, but it did not send out an e-mail to everyone like I think it should have. I'll work on it with Tim's help and appreciate everyone's patience...I'll try not to mess it up!! I'll also put my April date up soon.

Thanks,
Tully