July, Aug, Oct league dates?

Hilton

July, Aug, Oct league dates?

Post by Hilton »

I am filling up the remainder of my summer weekends and would like to see if:
Dave is still hosting July26th?
What date Pauly will be hosting in August (PAPA is 14-17 Aug and want to decide ASAP if I am attending or not)?

Announce that Todd E has voulenteered to take October (I think it was decided that we are taking off sept and Oct will be the last month of this season?)

July 26th
Dave Beimborn- Details Forthcoming

August XX
Paul Beimborn- Details Forthcoming

Oct XX Todd has committed (just talked with him)
pinball4ever

Re: July, Aug, Oct league dates?

Post by pinball4ever »

Does Saturday, October 4th work out for the majority? I'm on call the next week and Expo is the week after that, so this seems to be the best day.

Also, I'd like to start earlier than usual if (again) it works out for most people. I was thinking of a 2pm tournament start time and a noon arrival/practice time.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Todd
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

You are the host, you set all of the parameters. I will most likely be out for the earlier start time if Christine has returned to work by that time. By all means pick a date and a time, and roll with it!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Oct. 4th anytime works good for me. thanks for hosting!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Oh man, I knew there was a reason nobody chooses earlier start times! :D

What time can you make it by? I can't remember when Christine gets home. Would a 5pm start with a 3pm arrival/practice work?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

pinball4ever wrote:Oh man, I knew there was a reason nobody chooses earlier start times! :D

What time can you make it by? I can't remember when Christine gets home. Would a 5pm start with a 3pm arrival/practice work?

LOL.....

7pm start time is typically the earliest I can make it (which is why I rarely get to these in time to warm up a bit). Christine usually works 6am to 5/6pm on weekends. Seriously though, pick a time and roll with it, I will do my best to make it. you are the host, do what works best for you. We are all just grateful people open up their collections for others.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I concur with Tim. Just thankful that you are opening your collection to us dorks. You set the parameters and date that WORKS for you!

Oct 4th works for me. I always like earlier but that is because of preference ( I am old and like to start playing earlier so I can have a few beers and still get to bed at a reasonable time) and not a need based on work.
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

I thought Tom's tournament was kind of cool with an earlier starting time, but it really needed it because of the total running time.

7pm is perfectly fine with me. Just thought I'd throw the earlier time out there and see if it stuck. I'm sure others would have stepped forward to say the earlier time wouldn't work once they saw the thread.

So, normal 7pm start with a 5pm arrival/practice time work for everyone on Oct. 4th? :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pinball4ever wrote:
So, normal 7pm start with a 5pm arrival/practice time work for everyone on Oct. 4th? :D

NICE! now we just need Tim to put it in the members only section to make it official! ;) Very cool to now have the remainder of our initial season all committed!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Of the 13 members that can host, that leaves Tim E and Garrett as getting first dibs on which months they would like to host for 2015 season.

Also could toss Randy in the ring if he can manage to ever get a 4th game;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Alec and I are good for the 4th. Thanks for hosting!
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

TLDR: Hate to do this but I can't find a weekend date for August that will work for me. Apologize for any issues this causes, and hope someone can fill my spot. Also, out for next year.

I hate explaining this, I know everyone is busy so please don't take this the wrong way. Things have picked up at work, and don't seem like they are going to slow down - travel has been crazy with 2 trips per month to Tulsa and now adding in Philippines in early September. The work Manila trip has caused some earlier planning for family events in August weekends to fill up rapidly with 2 Baptisms and other events. 3 Babies in our small family has been pretty awesome but time has really been cut short.

This brings me to another note, I am going to give up my spot for next year. To be honest, not sure how many more events I will make as September is shot with Manila and a Family vacation. In the coming months add in those family events, extra stuff like Spooky (which I haven't done much lately), and actual events like MGC / Expo, weekend time gets cut to a premium (traveling through week). Hope I can do something with the non pinball league, and hope to make it up to host for that group at some point.

Anyway, think most if not all of us go by this. Family First, Work Second, just these 2 alone make it hard sometimes to balance, and I feel like I'm doing a shit job.

I will be at Dave's on the 26th.

Thanks for whoever steps in, appreciate it. You guys are awesome, unless you start crap, then you suck.

~Paul
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Paul,
Given your crazy schedule and new baby that's understandable that you may have to scale back on the pinball stuff. Heck, I don't even really have to travel for my job or live in Iowa and it's hard for me to fit everything in to my schedule. Good luck with everything and hopefully you'll find a way to at least be a part of the "Baller's" league if you don't have time for the Madcity league.

As far as August goes, I know I talked with Tim E on Sunday. and he mentioned possibly being able to host sometime in August if Paul wasn't able to. I know the 16th is out because of PAPA, but maybe we can get another date on the books soon? Maybe August 9th or 23rd?
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Ken

Post by Ken »

PaulyB18 wrote:Family First, Work Second
Yup. And work is usually just an extension of "family first". Hell, if it wasn't for the wife and kids I'd still be making $8 an hour as a DJ.

Will miss ya at Madcity events but looking forward to taking your money at Ballas!
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

I understand completely Pauly. Will look forward to seeing you when ever you can make it out. Pay attention, those kids grow up way faster than you will!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.