Madison Pinball Spring Classic 2016

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
DeaconBlooze

Re: Madison Pinball Spring Classic 2016

Post by DeaconBlooze »

What's the ETA on the heighway game?

I have a 42" inch plasma TV you can use for as long as you need it if that helps at all.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

DeaconBlooze wrote:What's the ETA on the heighway game?

I have a 42" inch plasma TV you can use for as long as you need it if that helps at all.
Thanks Dave. Does it have capabilities to be connected to a CPU? My plan is to find a cheap but stable CPU with web browser and set it up in the back room. TV wll get mounted in the pinball room and then run a cable form CPU to TV. TV will then be set so when it turns on it always sees the new tournament website.

ETA on Heighway is ~10 days to arrival. Being air freighted direct. I will need a few days to tweak it but then it goes to Pooleys to enjoy.

I am super pumped for this deck!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

It's got normal HDMI ports. I guess it depends on the PC you're going to be using. If you go with a mini computer, it should have an HDMI port. Otherwise, a lot of the older stuff will come from the factory with HDMI/VGA if you're talking like a core duo desktop or something (which this won't have).

I don't know anything about the program or page you're going to run, but you could test to see if it works well on an android platform. I have an Ouya you could also borrow.. it's basically a home android console with browser capability (but it is pretty clunky).
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thanks Dave! HDMI should do the trick for what I am looking at.

I will let you know if I need to borrow and thanks again for the offer!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

facebook public group created for those that are participating.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MadPinQ ... urnaments/

march will be the beta test for this new style of photo submission, score tracking, and tournament software.
Once registered you post your photos to the facebook group.

As we are able, myself and the other scorekeepers will update the tournament software with player scores.

Follow along the LIVE standings at: https://www.neverdrains.com/hilton/

I may be able to come up with a TV/CPU setup at some point during the month for Alt, but not sure. Either way, you will be able to check scores on your smartphone or CPU by following along on the FB group and checking the never drains link
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

oh, also please try to join the Fb group if you are a player. I am still new to this FB thing and want to make sure I set it up correctly.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

things seem to be working with the FB group and the never drains tournament software.

12 people now signed up. Let's get some more folks in so we can do the top 8 for a playoff (need 50% per IFPA).
mkecasey

Post by mkecasey »

I'll be signing up eventually.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

mkecasey wrote:I'll be signing up eventually.

awesome stuff!

Keep me posted when you plan to swing over for the day and I can try to sync up. I am not playing in the event but would be great to hang and play a few games with you.
mkecasey

Post by mkecasey »

I might do the Friday before Wauna. But I'll keep you posted, for sure!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

sounds good casey. Keep me posted.

We are up to 16? people now.

Make sure you join the FB group so you can post photos as you score them. If you dont have FB then you can email me photos and I can post them.

Preference would be to have you (or maybe a friend) post for you directly as this new format will mean alot more photos roling in.

I hope to beta test the addition of new scorekeepers (Noah, Mike W, and Bryon have graciously voulenteered). Assuming this works then these people will be able to also submit scores as pictures get loaded on the FB group and should help with keeping scores up to date and timely.

Also wanted to say a HUGE thankd to David Moe. He has offered to build a new Rasberry Pi which we can hook directly into a TV at Alt for the fun of broadcasting scores. I am figuring out a few personal finaces and hope to go score a decent flat screen and bracket in the next week. I will need to wait on Alt to get electrical run and mount the TV but we are getting closer to live standings at 1 location!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Very cool. Running electrical should be EXTREMELY easy in that location.

Hope to get in on this month long, schedule permitting.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Very cool. Running electrical should be EXTREMELY easy in that location.

Hope to get in on this month long, schedule permitting.

Unfortunately getting the electrical run is one of the contrainsts. They have TONS of power but I unfortunately am not in control of getting the electrician out there. Understandably, getting electrical run for the pinball TV is low on their list of priorities right now. Hopefully it will happen soon.
moe

Post by moe »

computer has been ordered. not sure how long it will take for the parts to get here, but once i have everything it should be fairly quick to have it operational.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

moe wrote:computer has been ordered. not sure how long it will take for the parts to get here, but once i have everything it should be fairly quick to have it operational.

great news and huge thanks!