ALt Brew Monthly Tournament

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

ALt Brew Monthly Tournament

Post by Hilton »

Starting in 2016 we will be hosting a monthly event at Alt Brew 1806 Wright St, Madison, WI.

Event will by the 1st Thursday of each month; sign in by 6:25 and starts at 6:30.

4 games at minimum planned for qualifying round.

Starting in 2016 the playoff round for the top 4 pack (players qualifying 1 - 4) will consist of a PAPA style 4-player games/ match play across a minimum of 4 games (4, 3, 2, 1 scoring based on finishing position; combined points determines final place).

updates or more details will always be found at http://www.madisonpinball.com/

Hope to see some of you out at the new place.
Hilton

Re: ALt Brew Monthly Tournament

Post by Hilton »

This thursday. Be there or be square
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Very excited for the first Monthly today!

Hoping to see some of you out there.

MP Pint glass, MRP2015 shirt, and some free adult beverages on the line (plus the standard IFPA points).
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Got my donkey handed to me tonight. And I can live with that, but best moment by far was listening to BigDaddyBanjo tell New Mike (welcome Mike!) That the top 4 actually lose in the end because they have to plug more machines......then he goes on to finish in his FIRST top 4 pod ever! Congrats Garett, you deserve it.next time, I'm gonna jinx myself the same way.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I heard the best moment was when AMH got tilted so hard the light strip fell onto the playfield! :o
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I need to get a piece of tape to hold that plastic light strip in. It has done that a few times. The other side was taped at the factory so I assume the tape just got forgotten on the other side. (game did not even tilt when it popped out)

The best part of the night was watching the epic match between the top 4. All came down to the final game and anyone was still in the hunt for first. Brodee and Ryan had great last balls and ended up GC and score #1.

It was a great night all around, mainly because of the people there (some new and some of the great regulars as well). Really great crowd we have had out at Alt the past few months!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

That's it: I need to get these kids good at pinball so we can go to more tournaments!

The 5-year-old can already beat me at Taxi. Any rules against a 3-year-old playing? The only real issues are frequent bathroom breaks and the inability to reach both flippers. ;)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Kids are welcome but there is some cussing and double bird flipping... ;)

Most of the players may be chronologicaly adults, but mentally about 14 I think :lol:
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:I need to get a piece of tape to hold that plastic light strip in. It has done that a few times. The other side was taped at the factory so I assume the tape just got forgotten on the other side. (game did not even tilt when it popped out)

The best part of the night was watching the epic match between the top 4. All came down to the final game and anyone was still in the hunt for first. Brodee and Ryan had great last balls and ended up GC and score #1.

It was a great night all around, mainly because of the people there (some new and some of the great regulars as well). Really great crowd we have had out at Alt the past few months!
Try hot glue. Really helps those strips stay put for good.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

good call Tom! I even had the hot glue gun in my bag last night and did not think about it.

Did you hot glue the actual light strip to the wood of the cab?
or
just a dab on the plastic covers and put it back in?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Either way the glue has to adhere to the wood.

Chris: Wisconsin law allows ANY minor into an establishment that serves alcohol when in the company of a parent.

But, all establishments have the final say. Every establishment I've ever asked to bring my minor son into for a pinball tournament has said HELL YES!

And don't worry, a few more months with us and you'll be back to whoopin him at pinball for 4 more years ;)