Flippin the suburbs - Casual MKE league

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
epthegeek

Flippin the suburbs - Casual MKE league

Post by epthegeek »

Just figured I'd throw this out there. I'm running a casual Thursday night league at my house. We have a majority of non-competition-level players.

It's not for IFPA points, just for fun. 5 rounds of match play per meet, 6 meets, drop the lowest. Finals on a sunday afternoon. We do a/b division for finals and will have trophy/prize money for the top 3 in each.

Doors open at 7, rounds start at 7:30pm on the meet dates. Drinks and snacks are provided, but not dinner. There's a $50 one time fee to cover $5/meet for food and $20 to the prize/trophy pool.

The dates for the 'fall' session are as follows:

September 6th
September 20th
October 4th
November 1st
November 15th
November 29th

Finals will be Sunday December 9th.

If that sounds like something you're interested - drop me a line.
Last edited by epthegeek on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
epthegeek

Re: Flippin the suburbs - Casual MKE league

Post by epthegeek »

Just giving this a casual nudge. Season starts next Thursday and we've got room for more people if anybody is looking for an excuse to play more pinball.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Even though it'll come across desperate and pathetic, I'm gonna bump this one more time.

Second session is today. We're doing 6 and you get one drop, so you COULD still hop on for the last five and just count the first session as your drop.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Starting up a new 'season' of this on the 24th of January. Every other thursday at 7:30. 10 sessions, drop the lowest 2.

Backpedalling on the fees this time -- COMPLETELY FREE to attend and play. We're just not going to provide drinks/food or prizes at the end. It's just an excuse to get together, be social and play some pinball.

Open to anybody that wants to play.