Titletown Pinball Matchplay and Knockout Tournament June 23

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Ekthoren

Titletown Pinball Matchplay and Knockout Tournament June 23

Post by Ekthoren »

This is the Launch Party tournament for Titletown Pinball. 2 separate tournaments on same day. Same format as Tom's Appleton Matchplay and 3 strike knockout tournament he just did in April. This is basically my personal collection that I have moved to a commercial location so I can run a weekday league and monthly tournaments from. This is only open for league and tournaments. Everything is on Free Play.

The website has more details here:

https://sites.google.com/site/titletown ... party/home

Tournament Details:

Where:
Titletown Pinball
800 O'Keefe Rd Suite F
De Pere, WI 54115

When:
June 23rd Practice starts 8:00am 1st tournament Matchplay starts at 9:30am 2nd tournament starts when that one has concluded.

Limited to 48 people and begins May 19th at 7am.

Send email to Erik Thoren saying you want in the tournament with your contact info (ekthoren@yahoo.com) I will respond and say you are in and then you can pay pal me the $30 fee. No refunds unless you have someone else to take your spot.

$30 Fee includes:
Both tournaments
Food for lunch and dinner
Bottled water and soda (if you want something specific to drink you can bring it)
Trophies for top 8 for both tournaments
Prizes for top 3 in each tournament
IFPA Fees
Both tournaments are IFPA approved

Titletown MatchPlay Format:

The Format will consist of 13 Rounds of Play in groups of 4 players (3 players if necessary).

One game will be played per round per group.

Scoring will be 7-5-3-1/7-4-1

First round will be random seeding.

Subsequent rounds will be seeded using a Tiered Swiss Seeding. Players are grouped into tiers that narrow as the tournament progresses. Later rounds will see players with the most points accumulated playing each other.

Since the tournament is direct play, there is no playoff. The winner is the player with the most points after all 13 rounds have been completed.

All games will be drawn randomly.

Should there be a tie for first place, another game shall be played as a tiebreaker.

Top 8 Trophies/Top 3 Prizes

Titletown Strikeout Tournament:

The Titletown Strikeout Tournament is a 3 Strike Tournament played in groups of 4 (3 when necessary).

Random Seeding to start. Swiss Style. Games drawn randomly.

Groups of 4 will play against each other on a single machine

The 2 players with the lowest scores in a group will receive a strike (3rd, 4th Place in the match)

3 player matches (as needed) lowest score (3rd Place) will receive a strike.

Once a player has 3 strikes and you are out of the tournament.

The tournament continues until there is one player remaining.

Top 8 Trophies/Top 3 Prizes.

This is going to be a really fun tournament and I know you all will like the new venue. Eric Strangeway is going to help me out as co-director of this event since its my first real tournament that I am hosting.
Hilton

Re: Titletown Pinball Matchplay and Knockout Tournament June 23

Post by Hilton »

Awesome news and congrats on the new space!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Congrats, Erik! Truly awesome you're doing this for the Green Bay area! And knowing how meticulous you are with your games I know this will be a fantastic place to play. Look forward to getting up there!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

Thanks Guys! I've been wanting to do this for awhile and finally decided to get it done. Hope you can make it!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ekthoren wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 pm Thanks Guys! I've been wanting to do this for awhile and finally decided to get it done. Hope you can make it!
Wish I could but already booked for that weekend. Hopefully you will have another one later in the year :)
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

Registration is now open for the Tournament!

To Register follow the instructions on the webpage by sending me an email saying you want to be in the tournament.
Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader »

Brandon and I will try to make it that day, Erik
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

That's great! I hope both of you can make. As soon as you are sure you can make it just send me an email at ekthoren@yahoo.com so I can put you both down as registered.

This tournament is going to be a lot of fun!
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

I have 12 spots left and plenty of people still “checking” if that day is going to work for them. Please send me an email to guarantee your spot in the tournament!
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

Tournament is full! I am starting a waitlist. Just send me an email if you’d like to be on it.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Big thanks to Erik for hosting 2 great tournaments. I think everyone had a good time and enjoyed playing his great collection and awesome setup.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Big thanks to Erik for running an awesome first tournament. Unbelievable collection. The games played excellent and what a variety of titles. The BBQ pulled pork from Joe was amazing. The tourney ran smooth all day, largely because Erik is such a nice laid back guy, and it followed in his tourney as well.
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

Thanks Eric and Tim!
I had a great time too! Tournament did run smooth and I’m going to be hosting at least 1 per month from here on out. Joe and Susan will be doing the food for most events coming up too :-) lots of compliments on the pulled pork—and I think everyone is bored with pizza. Just keep an eye here or on the TitleTown website for upcoming events!
Erik