Pinburgh 2018

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Pinburgh 2018

Post by Hilton »

worth mention that if anyone has an extra reservation (I know some people are still figuring out shared hotel situation) then I would happily take it off your hands.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 am worth mention that if anyone has an extra reservation (I know some people are still figuring out shared hotel situation) then I would happily take it off your hands.
They will certainly open up more hotels. I think they wanted to fill the Omni because of what happened with the Westin last year.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

What happened with the Westin last year?
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:32 am
Hilton wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 am worth mention that if anyone has an extra reservation (I know some people are still figuring out shared hotel situation) then I would happily take it off your hands.
They will certainly open up more hotels. I think they wanted to fill the Omni because of what happened with the Westin last year.
good to know and thanks!

If anyone happens to see a new block opens, a text message is appreciated so I can get on it right away.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MikeS wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 am What happened with the Westin last year?
I also would like to know what the Westin issues were?

I was thinking of booking there if I cant get a show price OMNI.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

The deal with the Westin is that last year, when the show had blocks at the Westin and Omni for the "show rate", the Westin sold FAR MORE rooms than they were supposed to at the 'show rate' which meant the Omni didn't fill out the 'show rate' rooms and the show gets nailed financially.

The way show rates are worked out is the show guarantees sales of some number of 'nights' sold to get the good price. So they had a guarantee to meet at the Omni, but because the Westin oversold their block, there weren't enough attendees looking for rooms to fill up the Omni and the show had to pay.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I booked a 2 bedroom two bathroom place with a kitchen that (according to the owner) is 2 blocks from the convention center. There’s one queen bed not spoken for, if anybody would like in on that. Keep in mind though, that I go to pinburgh to try to play well so I’m not looking to be up super late. Party house it is not.

Edit: I should probably mention that the reservation is check in Wednesday and check out Sunday and beats the 'show rate' for a room.
Second Edit: Just figured I should update - this space is filled.
Last edited by epthegeek on Thu May 31, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
chevmontess

Post by chevmontess »

Is that Queen Bed still Available? If so I would be interested. If not is anyone else still looking for a roommate or not have a place to sleep yet? I found a really nice air bnb for 200 a night that can sleep 4. Let me know if interested.

David Daluga 262-271-6639
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Bob Matthews posted a HUGE rundown of EMs and how to play them in PDF form over at tilt forums.

Reposting it here for anybody that doesn't regularly check there.
Attachments
EMcyclopedia 2018v2.pdf
(843.45 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks Eric. And Bob Matthews.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I'm working on throwing this all into a wiki page for easy navigating at pinburgh

http://soldmy.org/emguide/