Pinburgh / ReplayFX 2016

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
epthegeek

Pinburgh / ReplayFX 2016

Post by epthegeek »

It almost seems too early to be talking about this, but Pinburgh goes on sale on Dec 6th, so I guess not really.

Who's going next year? Vince (that I rode with last year) isn't going this year as he'll have a 2 month old, so I'll need new arrangements. I might even need someone to sign me up for Pinburgh as I'll be on a cruise on the 1st.

Edit: Fixed the sale date so as not to confuse anybody else as I was. Whoops.
Last edited by epthegeek on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
DeaconBlooze

Re: Pinburgh / ReplayFX 2016

Post by DeaconBlooze »

epthegeek wrote:I might even need someone to sign me up for Pinburgh as I'll be on a cruise on the 1st.
I think this could probably be classified under "first world problems".

I wish I could make it out to Pinburgh. My sister-in-law is getting married that weekend, and apparently that's "a big deal". Hopefully next year..
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I also have a wedding I think I am going to. Damn people getting married and celebrating ;)
chaos

Post by chaos »

I am planning on going (registration-willing). I haven't put any thought at all into how I'm getting there yet, though I may be coming by way of New York City. So I'm not sure how helpful I'm going to be, given that I'm also staying with friends of mine in East Liberty.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

epthegeek wrote:It almost seems too early to be talking about this, but Pinburgh goes on sale on Dec 1st, so I guess not really.

Who's going next year? Vince (that I rode with last year) isn't going this year as he'll have a 2 month old, so I'll need new arrangements. I might even need someone to sign me up for Pinburgh as I'll be on a cruise on the 1st.
According to the website, tickets goon sale Dec 6th. Did they change the date?
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Oh, hey. It is the 6th (in the pinside thread too). Not sure where I saw the 1st. Hmm.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
lg40

Post by lg40 »

KD and I are thinking about going. I just have to see if I can get off and that there's no weddings to go to.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
Ken

Post by Ken »

lg40 wrote:KD and I are thinking about going. I just have to see if I can get off and that there's no weddings to go to.
Hell Yeah! You guys would love it! Tell your friends not to get married that weekend. ;)
chaos

Post by chaos »

I got in. I might be ridiculously excited about that.

Who else is going?
Ken

Post by Ken »

All of us! :) OK maybe not all but I bet more than last year!
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I'm in for next year, looking forward to it.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

I actually ended up not signing up. Hilarious right?

I just couldn't justify the $1000 expense (entry, travel, accommodations, food) this time. It was an awesome time, and I'd love to do it again, just not bad enough for spend the money on it in the end.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

epthegeek wrote:I actually ended up not signing up. Hilarious right?

I just couldn't justify the $1000 expense (entry, travel, accommodations, food) this time. It was an awesome time, and I'd love to do it again, just not bad enough for spend the money on it in the end.

That is a BIG part of the reason I would rather do PAPA than Pinburgh. PAPA (with games at normal location) means much cheaper hotels and travel at that time is also less. Unfortunately I am pretty sure MGC and PAPA are on the same weekend in 2016 which means no PAPA either.

We have elected to try and do TPF this year. Sounds like a great show and currently pretty cheap airfare. Didnt you do TPF last year?
Ken

Post by Ken »

This makes me sad. :(
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Hilton wrote:

That is a BIG part of the reason I would rather do PAPA than Pinburgh. PAPA (with games at normal location) means much cheaper hotels and travel at that time is also less. Unfortunately I am pretty sure MGC and PAPA are on the same weekend in 2016 which means no PAPA either.

We have elected to try and do TPF this year. Sounds like a great show and currently pretty cheap airfare. Didnt you do TPF last year?
Yeah, we went to TPF twice - in 2013 and 2015. The current venue is fantastic -- don't miss the huge breakfast buffet and the happy hour beer/buffet if you stay at the connected hotel. We're not doing TPF in 2016 because we leave like 3 days later for a cruise.