What pin projects have you been or are going to work on?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
cad-kid

Re: What pin projects have you been or are going to work on?

Post by cad-kid »

ralphwiggum wrote:
As far as my projects, I am plugging in the ball bowler tonight for the first time, and it is going to go really well, or catch on fire :lol: . I am hoping for the former and not the latter. 60 pins all had to reworked by hand (jones plugs cut).... I labeled all of them before transport and the fabric around the connectors was so old (1959), that when I got it home to set it up 40 of the labels were sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. Gotta love metering out ends on something like this. I have done plenty of EMs, but this bowler is a different animal.... 6 players, 10 frames plus bonus frame unit for 10th frame, 10 pins, plus resets and count for each pin.....Tons of wiring going on.
Well :?: How did the initial test on the ball bowler go? was it :evil: or :mrgreen:
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Methos wrote:Up next is TAF, followed by pf swaps for Quicksilver, Xenon, Pinball Magic, Centaur, and Seawitch once I get it. Also have a Stargate/Flinstones I have to get up and running.
Wow! Those pf swaps sound like an adventure. How long does it take you?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

cad-kid wrote:
Well :?: How did the initial test on the ball bowler go? was it :evil: or :mrgreen:

Well, it didn't catch fire :lol:

BUT... I am having some issues I need to work through and the schematics aren't helping me because they identify specific wire colors, and since this was made in 1959, the only wire colors I can see are varying shades of brown (instead of white or yellow)..... Gonna have Tully come over as a second set of eyes tomorrow and give me a hand (Thanks Tully!), as I am tired of looking through this on my own and coming back with the same results. I think I am 3-4 wires away from having this up and running 100%
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

ralphwiggum wrote: Well, it didn't catch fire :lol:

BUT... I am having some issues I need to work through and the schematics aren't helping me because they identify specific wire colors, and since this was made in 1959, the only wire colors I can see are varying shades of brown (instead of white or yellow)..... Gonna have Tully come over as a second set of eyes tomorrow and give me a hand (Thanks Tully!), as I am tired of looking through this on my own and coming back with the same results. I think I am 3-4 wires away from having this up and running 100%
Well I am glad it didn't transform into kindling. Keep us posted - Curious minds and what not :geek:
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Can't wait to see that bowler running, Tim. That'll be a fun game.

My project for winter is South Park. Plan on doing cabinet decals, powdercoating rails/legs, full shop on the game. Got it for a good price, so shouldn't be into it too far once everything is done on it. This will be my first big restore, so looking forward to making this thing look great. Luckily the playfield is in nice shape, just the cab is faded and needs a good cleaning.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

jasonm wrote:Can't wait to see that bowler running, Tim. That'll be a fun game.

My project for winter is South Park. Plan on doing cabinet decals, powdercoating rails/legs, full shop on the game. Got it for a good price, so shouldn't be into it too far once everything is done on it. This will be my first big restore, so looking forward to making this thing look great. Luckily the playfield is in nice shape, just the cab is faded and needs a good cleaning.
Where do you go to get legs powder coated and what cost? I have been toying with that idea for one of my games.
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.