WI Last Chance 2014 all done; thanks to all

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Re: WI Last Chance 2014?

Post by Hilton »

thanks for the replies all!

No promises at this point but I will make a concerted effort to get games in order enough to do it.
IF I do opt to make it a go, I will post up on this forum as I like it being the central place for all things WI (and will list on IFPA as is required).

I am not doing any registration stuff at this point as I am not sure if it is a 'go'
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

I would like to be included if it happens
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:thanks for the replies all!

No promises at this point but I will make a concerted effort to get games in order enough to do it.
IF I do opt to make it a go, I will post up on this forum as I like it being the central place for all things WI (and will list on IFPA as is required).

I am not doing any registration stuff at this point as I am not sure if it is a 'go'

Any plans with going through with this Hilton?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:
Hilton wrote:thanks for the replies all!

Any plans with going through with this Hilton?

outlook is favorable, but nothing official in stone just yet. Heidi has off on Dec 27th now which was step 1.

I plan to talk with her more this weekend and solidify. I have enough games up and running to do this and should be able to tweak a few more over turkey day to the point on confidence that I can make it happen. I will be sure to list on IFPA and get crap together as soon as possible (too little time and too much to do ;) )
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

https://sites.google.com/site/wilastchance2014/

BAM, website is live. Limited to 20 people. Registration open now. Contact me with questions. Based on interest in this thread I am guessing we will fill up?

side note: Be nice to my wife, she puts up with all us hooligans ;)

Putting it on IFPA site now
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Signed up! :D
Ken

Re: WI Last Chance 2014? Registration open

Post by Ken »

For the MANY new people here, WI Last Chance at Hilton's is very fun. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Looks like they already knew. :) Man that filled up fast!
Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

19 spots now reserved.
WAY quicker than I thought for a holiday weekend.

I will start a waitlist after we are full. I am sure we will lose a few as things get closer due to the typical holiday stuff.

Trophies are in progress now and should be cool.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

All 20 spots now reserved. Man that was quick.
I am still waiting on payment from a few that contacted me while in deer blinds, LOL.

I will now start a waitlist so please email me if you are interested in getting on the list in case spots open up.
Hilton

Re: WI Last Chance 2014 Email to get on waitlist

Post by Hilton »

Trophies ordered for top 4 finishers. Went with a variation of sorts on last years last chance. I think you guys will like them.

I appologize for those that did not make the registration in time. I recieved a few emails from people that are understandably disgruntled that they missed the cut. This filled up much quicker than I anticipated. I want to explicitly state that this is the only place I advertised the event and I announced here upon opening registration (like I promised), submitting to IFPA, and creating the website. If someone has a better idea for how to annonce a limited registration event please feel free to reach out to me via email.

I debated even doing the event; largely as I knew I have a physical limit to the number of people I can host at my house (16 is my preference but I expanded to 20 and made it all day after feedback from last year) and our competitive world has grown quickly. I suppose it really has become a double edged sword where the reality is a choice of either host and have some people mad at me/the situation, or not host at all. I choose to host for this year.

Side note >> no promises but I still have a tentative pick up date for my Predator pinball which is prior to last chance. IF I actually get it, then it will be used in some form. Please don't repost this info elsewhere or share it outside of here as we all know there is enough hate in other places bashing the game and guys making it. Fingers crossed it will actually happen and we can all check out a completely new game. I have high hopes but am trying to limit my expectations.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Would be cool if Predator is in!

Can you share the list of participants so we have an idea on the competition? ;)
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

sounds like it is almost time to start house shopping so you can handle more people (and pinballs) :mrgreen:
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:
Can you share the list of participants so we have an idea on the competition? ;)

It is all the typical people and no ringers from out of state.

Tom G is the highest ranked player attending, but without a single Stern in my colleciton I think some of us have a chance ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

KingPin Games wrote:sounds like it is almost time to start house shopping so you can handle more people (and pinballs) :mrgreen:
That would be nice but if I buy a new house then I wont be able to support my pinbal habit.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
Methos wrote:

It is all the typical people and no ringers from out of state.

Tom G is the highest ranked player attending, but without a single Stern in my colleciton I think some of us have a chance ;)
I can bring one if it helps my chances. :D