Looking for a few machines

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
Greg

Looking for a few machines

Post by Greg »

Hey everyone, My name is Greg and I live up in the Green Bay area. I'm fairly new to the hobby, but I'm having a blast getting my wife and two kids involved in it with me. I'm looking for any of the following: A Williams Indiana Jones, CFTBL, RBION, or RFM. There's currently a RFM for sale for $3200 (near mint according to seller) and I've seen a couple CFTBL for $3800 and $4000. Can anyone tell me what a good price would be to pick up one of these machines at that is in good condition? Does anyone here have any of the above machines that they would be interested in selling? Thanks for your help!

Greg
MikeS

Re: Looking for a few machines

Post by MikeS »

Hey Greg, welcome to the site! Those are all great titles that you're looking for. As far as prices go, I'd say that $3200 is high on RFM unless it truly is mint and has a Nucore system installed (new and improved computer). Usually that game hovers around $2500 or so. It's a fun game, but there's quite a few of them out there and the unavailability of Nucore keeps the price down. $3800 and $4000 are pretty typical prices on CFTBL depending on condition. For a mint one with a good hologram I'd expect to pay more.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

mike's advice is spot on.

I personally would take RFM over creature. I owned a Creech for a while and it did not hold my interest.

I have a nucore for my RFM but have yet to install it. It seems in the home environment the original CPUs rarely (if ever) fail so not much to worry about. There is also an aftermarket free thing called pinbox so no real need to buy or worry about a RFM with nucore.
Methos

Post by Methos »

IJ's are all over the board and depends on the quality of the machine. Most of the cabinets are faded and decals are not expected due to the Lucasfilm company. I have seen beaters for $4,000, but they go up to $8,000 but if the cab is fully faded, the price should reflect it.

As far as RIBON's, they come up once in awhile but the going price seems to be around $2,400 to $3,500 depending on quality. Do a completed search on Ebay - that is the top of the market as you have to adjust for fees. Good luck.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanks for the great info, guys! It helps hearing from other people what a good price range is. It's nice to know there are a couple of options if the CPU fails in RFM. I'll be shopping around for any of the games I mentioned in the near future, so if anyone comes across one, feel free to let me know. Thanks again!

Greg