Tully's 15 minutes of fame.

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: Tully's 15 minutes of fame.

Post by Ken »

I also submitted it to IFPA so Tully is on their front page!

http://www.ifpapinball.com/
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Ken wrote:I also submitted it to IFPA so Tully is on their front page!

http://www.ifpapinball.com/
That's awesome, and a great article!

Todd
tullster

Post by tullster »

Just when I thought my 15 minutes was up... Now WTMJ am Radio wants a piece of me!!

http://www.620wtmj.com/ Tomorrow morning at 7:20 am on Gene Miller's show... At least this will be up my alley, as I've got a face for radio!! :)

Heads up Loosen... I gave 'em your name too!!

Man, the things I've gotta go thru for you guys!! :roll:
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Lots of great pinball press. Good to see in these long cold winters. Nice job representing the hobby in an honest light!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Ken

Post by Ken »

Can someone record this? Or maybe they will give Tully a copy. I'll be at work and unable to listen.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

tullster wrote:Just when I thought my 15 minutes was up... Now WTMJ am Radio wants a piece of me!!

http://www.620wtmj.com/ Tomorrow morning at 7:20 am on Gene Miller's show... At least this will be up my alley, as I've got a face for radio!! :)

Heads up Loosen... I gave 'em your name too!!

Man, the things I've gotta go thru for you guys!! :roll:
Please give a plug for MRP charity event if you can :) Thanks and have fun!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

That's awesome Tully! I get into work at 7:15 and set a reminder for myself to tune in. Can't believe how much great press our hobby has been given lately... I had like 4-5 people at work already stop by to say that they read the article yesterday and asked me a bunch of questions about it. One lady even brought me a paper copy.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

MikeS wrote:That's awesome Tully! I get into work at 7:15 and set a reminder for myself to tune in. Can't believe how much great press our hobby has been given lately... I had like 4-5 people at work already stop by to say that they read the article yesterday and asked me a bunch of questions about it. One lady even brought me a paper copy.
Same here! I just hope some of my coworkers will come ask me to buy their old crappy game in their basement for cheap ;)
tullster

Post by tullster »

Yeah, let's hope some basement finds come from all of this!!

I have no idea of what to expect from the radio thing. I'm hoping they record & edit, but saying it's at 7:20 doesn't ease my nerves any! I'll try to plug MRP & the MGC. At least I knew the newspaper guys and the TV thing just popped up. I don't like the thinking about it for 24 hours thing.

I'll do my best guys!!

Thanks for all the support, and glad to pass off the 15 minutes of fame to somebody else!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sorry Godfather, the pinball community has spoken and you are the one. Plus, you sound great! And you know what you're talking about! If you step down I nominate Tim N. as spokesman.

"It's only fucking pinball!" ~Tim
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ken wrote:Sorry Godfather, the pinball community has spoken and you are the one. Plus, you sound great! And you know what you're talking about! If you step down I nominate Tim N. as spokesman.

"It's only fucking pinball!" ~Tim

I would start every interview with "Pinball is the easiest way to get chicks" and then let it spiral from there. Tully better stay in good health for the sake of the hobby.... :)
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

LOL!!!

Sorry Tully, but like it or not you are the Don.

You are the best voice of the community, by far. I will say that it may bring more young kids to the hobby if we tell them it is the best way to get chicks!

I still love that the paper needed to publish that I actually am married despite having games in 2 rooms of my house...
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

This is all incredibly cool! I'll be listening for sure! I can't believe the amount of attention this has been bringing out lately. Magazine article, newspaper article, great story on NBC 15 and now this! You're definitely the best spokesperson that MGC and the locals could have, that's for sure! Enjoy!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Methos

Post by Methos »

Mecha cool - pretty soon CNN will be calling.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

we were linked (well the WSJ article was) on Stern's FB page today also!