Madison Pinball Eastside location: Pooley's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Tmac

Re: New Location in Madison! need your feedback pls

Post by Tmac »

By the article in today's paper they are expecting a lot of people Saturday Night to watch the game.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Tmac wrote:By the article in today's paper they are expecting a lot of people Saturday Night to watch the game.
Yeah, I can't fault them. We still have to show them that pinball will help make them money. I feel lucky that they have even given us a shot.

We can't compete with a NCAA crowd and the 4 games will mean they lose 3 tables (well 2 will still be used by pinball people, but 1 will completely dissappear).

The only way we stand a chance is if people come out to suport both the games by playing and also the establishment by buying a beverage and a meal once in a while. It is just the reality of the situation. I am very hopeful but understand we have an uphill climb to show that pinball is worth the space.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sad to report that I will not be able to attend the inaugural Pooley's tourney after all. Forgot that I traded Wednesday so that I could have Saturday off for MGC.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

bummer. Games are going in on Tuesday night.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Games will be going in between the hours of 4-7 tonight.

I hope to see LOTS of people on Wednesday for the first ever monthly event at Pooleys! We could really use some good fan fare to start us off on thr right foot and show Pooley's that pinball is viable. Please come out and play!

Think of it as a nice warm up for MGC this weekend!
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

Stopped in on my way past Madison last week. Great line-up, Great playing games. I even got my wife to play a round of Star Trek, and I can never get her to play at home!!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pthermes wrote:Stopped in on my way past Madison last week. Great line-up, Great playing games. I even got my wife to play a round of Star Trek, and I can never get her to play at home!!
Great stuff! That is what it is all about. Gotta get the wife involved as it makes everything else easier.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Games at pooleys all playing well. Skill shot kick out on TAF sometimes getting stuck. No big deal, I just bang the fuck out of the cabinet! ;)

Took #3 spot on ST and FH but Ryan is here trying to make sure that doesn't stay. Every time I've been here I run into someone. It's nice.
Ken

Post by Ken »

How are those high scores looking on TAF? Might have to go up there tomorrow at lunch and take a shot at the leaderboard.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:How are those high scores looking on TAF? Might have to go up there tomorrow at lunch and take a shot at the leaderboard.
I have not been in since I reset them. Ian told me he was on the board.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken,

Looks like a few on the TAf board but no GC yet. I think 200 will put you at GC over the default?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:Ken,

Looks like a few on the TAf board but no GC yet. I think 200 will put you at GC over the default?

Finally some rest relaxation and pinball. Didn't get to see who was GC. Every time I looked I saw family members. HMJ was #1, KOI was #2. Game kicked my ass up and down but I managed to pull off a GC score. Left an extra ball on the table during tour the mansion but got a special as a consolation prize. Pulled off a few extra games on ST but nowhere near a high score. SS kicked my ass again but i did better than I did last tourney. And FUCK Rudy that greedy whore! :P

In the 3 hours the wife and I were there, one other young couple put $2 into ST and seemed to have fun. Although she had a hard time with the concept of 2 player. Her and her sister always played split-flipper. Sandee reminded them that they had one more credit after they walked away. They shared the game.

Drinks were good. Food service was sub-par but tasty.

Thanks to everyone who put those games there. Except Mark, FUCK Rudy! But Ian is still cool! :twisted:

Time to go play some ES and WCS.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Glad you had fun. Dave lund was GC on TAF the other day. TAF was reseting a few times on thusday, but i reset all connectors and seemed to be fine (1 loose connector probably from transporting it over?) Let me know if you experience any issues when you are in. I have a new rottendog board i can toss in if i need to bring home the other to do some repairs.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Don't worry Ken - Rudy wouldn't give you more than he thought you could handle.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Hey Ken,

Brodde and I stopped by around 3:00 after going to Bratfest. Only had a little time so we put in a couple of games on STPRO and left. Sorry we missed you guys though! That would have been awesome.

G#
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.