Introduce yourself thread...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Introduce yourself thread...

Post by Hilton »

Looks like our little WI community is growing at the local forum. I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread like this. Many of the user names I am unable to place who you are in real life which kind of takes away from the local connection for me.

I can start.

Hi, I am Hilton ("Hi Hilton")
and I am a pinball addict ;)

I go by Whysnow on many other forums (user name comes from one of my dogs named Yara Snow changed up the YSnow and then WhySnow), but opted to use my real name on the local forum. I got into pinball originally in the early 90s when I was in high school. I finally bought my first game, TAF, about 2.5 years ago after many years of wanting to own my own game. The bug bit me hard and I have had 15? come through the game room in the past 2 years. Currently own 9 and have LOTR on loan from a freind. My current collection is pretty varied and currently TX sector is getting more play than anything else. I have found my colleciton is gravitating more and more around cheesey music which is fun plus a wider variety of game play styles. I also have found I like cheaper titles and more of them mainly due to my currently smaller budget.

I would like to find a few more of the "D list" Gottliebs like Raven, Cue Ball, Genisis, etc. Let me knwo if you see anything.

I do not have anything on the chopping block currnetly but if Predator gets done I will likely need to sell in order to even fund that purchase. Space has been an issue for a bit, but I am fortunate to have a wife that likes pinball also and we are currently converting her old office to make more room.

I probably enjoy restoring/learning/working on them as much as playing them. I have done 2 full restorations already and have a few others in the cue. I also like putting on events and sharing my collection with people. My favorite thing about pinball is the fun people and have a few folks over to play through the collection and have a few burbons or beers is my idea of a great weekend night of pinball. I also have helped organized the annual Mad Rollin Pinball event which has become and annual charity event that I hope to keep going each year. So far, it occurs in September each year at Pooley's on the east side. We get as many games as we can (always looking for more) and take over the entire place for a weekend of fun and pinball.

Looking forward to meeting even more local pinheads. If anyone wants to come play some evening or weekend LMK.
KingPin Games

Re: Introduce yourself thread...

Post by KingPin Games »

I will go next

my username on all the forums is nmeun87007 (this is/was my first AOL account name when i was 13. it is a combination of my fathers first name (Norbert) and our last name (Meunier) with some numbers. i wasn't old enough to have a credit card yet so i had to use his and that is what they (AOL) assigned me, and it has stuck ever since.

My real name is Christopher Meunier, but i answer to almost any of the following

Christopher
Chris
KingPin
KP

most of my friends call me Kingpin or KP. It is a nickname that i received from the company that my dad and i started in the mid 90's called King Pin Games. we were street operators that loved pinballs and put 2-3 in every location that we had (and we had over 100 locations), hence the name King Pin (king of pinballs).

as the economy started to change we changed with it. about 7 years ago we got out of the street operating and became a wholesaler. we are the largest wholesaler in the midwest and usually inventory around 800-1000 pieces (with less than 1% of them being pinballs, sadly).

I am also the local Jersey Jack Distributor. My brother Eric Meunier is the lead Engineer for Jersey Jack so it works out really well for me and my customers.

I have a modest collection of about 15 games and Eric has 6 at this time. we usually swap games every couple of months.

i like to help out in the pinball world and usually post the For Sale pinballs here before hitting the Pinside, craigslist, ebay route.

if there is something that you are looking for (pinball, video, dart, etc) just let me know
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Ken

Post by Ken »

My name is not Ken. I'm not telling you people shit because then Tim will make fun of me!! :evil:

KP please keep an eye out for a RFM for me. Thanks!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

My name is Tim... I got into pinball to make fun of Ken... :geek:
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Anyone besides Llyod and Harry want to get this thread back on track?
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Hello, Eric Strangeway here. Username here and pinside is Eric_S. I live in Neenah, WI. I bought my first pinball machine 10 years ago (Twilight Zone) and have been collecting ever since. I'm an electrical engineer with a degree from MSOE. I can do just about all of my own repair work (with the exception of some artwork). I currently have about 30 pins; about half are DMD and half are early solid state with a couple of arcade games to boot (both EM and video arcade games). I'm not a real good player, although I do get lucky from time to time. I've helped out in the arcade hall at the MGC the last number of years so you may have seen me there or at parties/other pinball events.
Methos

Post by Methos »

My name is Mark. I grew up in Milwaukee and each year we would visit the Wisconsin Dells area. Besides all the attractions, it was time for pinball. The games we played on where the early to mid 70's EM's. I remember Jungle King, and a few of the pointy people backglass. My dad was a pretty good player but nuged the hell out of the games. I can remember a tech there once and I got to see what was underneath the play field. Remember, I was about 9. I said to my Dad, "how can anybody know what all that stuff is for?!?!"

32 years later I have a nice collection and a 13 year old who is a pretty good player. I love to work on them (when the fixes work) and love talking and hanging out with other people who enjoy the hobby.

And "Methos" is a charcter from the old cable series HIGHLANDER. My wife loved the main actor, and Methos was a side charcter who I thought was pretty cool.
Ran

Post by Ran »

So I'm Ran (or Randolph if you're my mom yelling for me from the top of the stairs) and I've been into the hobby since 2000 when I was living in Australia working at a pizza joint that had pins rotating in and out. Fell in love with TAF, HS2, WCS, MM and a few other pins and promised myself,that one day I would own my own. Purchased my first pin in 2010 (SWE1 - sold to fund other pins) and today I own 3. Would love to have 4. Or maybe 14.
I'm originally from Connecticut, went to college in Ohio, moved to Australia, moved back to Connecticut, then back to Ohio for work, then Pittsburgh, and will celebrate 4 years in Madison this coming April. Before moving to Wisconsin I couldn't even point out madison on a map. Now it's my favorite town in the country. But I am a Steelers fan thanks to my years in the 'Burgh.
Wisconsin has given me 2 boys, an appreciation for good beer, farm fresh foods and a full on pinball addiction.
Like Hilton I enjoy working on games just as much as playing them and one day hope to gain as much restoration/board knowledge as Tim N. and as much ball control as Mike S.
I'm not a huge tread poster on Pinside but frequent it daily to see what's new.
I'm ranhorton on Pinside and RGP.
But here I'm Ran since we're all friends.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

good stuff guys! keep em' coming!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

My name's Dave, but I'm usually referred to as Dave B (since Dave Martell proceeded me in the community), Deacon (for my pinside name, taken because of my love for Steely Dan), or Beard Bro #2 (as coined by the aforementioned Dave).

I grew up in Green Bay, and the pins in that area were pretty thin growing up. My brother (PaulyB) and I were mostly into video games when we were younger. Most of our trips to the local arcades focused on those newer arcade games, I remember playing Revolution - X, specifically. Our (honorary) uncle had a Meteor in his basement; it was the first thing we gravitated towards when we went over there. About 4 years ago, Paul and I started to discuss the possibility of actually owning a pinball machine. We started by looking at the themes that interested us most: Simpsons, Star Wars, etc. We were initially discouraged at the costs we saw. Eventually, Paul took the first leap and found a Meteor in Minnesota. He drove 5 hours to get it, and it turned out to be in non-working condition. In true Paul fashion, he bought a second machine at the same time, a Galaxy.

Shortly after he got them, I went down for a weekend and played Galaxy non-stop. I put up the high score, and then Paul promptly changed the batteries. What a dick. I knew right away that I had to get a machine of my own. I had a different job at the time, and spent months trying to find the right pin for my budget. I finally found a Flash from a collector in Chicago. Paul and I made the trip, we were astonished when he let us play his personal collection. He owned 6-8 machines, how could that even be possible??

We went to our first Pinball Expo that year, and had an absolute blast. We brought our cousin (Conrad, aka Bomba), and he was quickly hooked. Since then we've made it a tradition for the four of us (later, my buddy Brian joined the group) to make a small vacation out of MGC and Expo. During that first Expo I focused primarily on the early SS games, as that's about where my budget landed. Back then, PinBot was my grail machine, and I thought it all but unattainable. The next pin I added to my collection was a PinBot, followed by some others. I currently have 8 machines, and am pretty much at my limit; now it's time to get creative.. I love all eras, and try to represent that and varied gameplay features in my personal collection. I sell a machine every so often, but the core of my collection has remained the same: the Flash that got me started, PinBot, and my Wh20.

I love how small pinball is, and how quickly I've formed friendships with people in this hobby. It's great to meet up with the guys so often, and just sit around, empty a couple of bottles, and just shoot the shit.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

My name is Tim, my two friends call me Tim, when I say stupid shit, my mother calls me Timothy. I came up with the name RalphWiggum when I was 10, and my friend Matt Groening liked it so much he decided to make a little show about it.

I like pinball sometimes, I play pinball sometimes, and I hate pinball sometimes.... Never played until I went to college, spent more money on a FT, CFTBL, and R911 in the student union than I did on books....

The rest of my story most people know, but I will type it out once more for those who don't know me..

The details of my life are quite inconsequential ... My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloé with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament ... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon ... luge lessons ... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets ... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking ... I suggest you try it.
Current Collection
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

^Cliff notes version: This is my friend Tim. His balls are as smooth as eggs.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:^Cliff notes version: This is my friend Tim. His balls are as smooth as eggs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You always have a better way to express what I write.....

Great, I got home from that party at 2 last night, up at 6 with the boys, reading a post about having balls as smooth as eggs, and now I am hungry for eggs. Time for a beer and an omelette.
Current Collection
Methos

Post by Methos »

DeaconBlooze wrote:
Shortly after he got them, I went down for a weekend and played Galaxy non-stop. I put up the high score, and then Paul promptly changed the batteries. What a dick.
Yep, brothers they be.

Classic.
Last edited by Methos on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

I had to fix the board... Geez, how many times do I need to tell you! ;)