Introduce yourself thread...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Re: Introduce yourself thread...

Post by ChrisS »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:I just realized I have never responded to this thread, so here it goes. My name is Garrett Peterson. I suck at pinball, so I often am asked to play dollar games with the amazing pinheads here in Wisconsin.

Aside from the 8-10 games I have in my basement at any given time, I am also one of the partners at Madison Pinball (along with Sean and Hilton) and help to maintain and keep almost 20 machines on location in the Madison area. Text me if you are going to play at Schwoeglers and chances are I will drive over and hang out.

I like beer.

My pinball obsession really started in college when like many of you I wasted my money and time on these machines rather than studying. Many years later I started hanging out with Sean and started buying/fixing machines. I have been collecting for 7 years or so now and since then I can't believe how many awesome people I have met through this hobby, and that is the real reason I keep doing it. I love you guys (and gals)!

My son Brodde is also an active player in Wisconsin and he doesn't suck (Nobling often points out that he obviously gets his hand/eye coordination from his mother).

The BigDaddyBanjo moniker is a combination of the nickname my kids gave me and the musical instrument I bought and store in my office so I can stare at it and have a daily reminder of another of my hobbies that I am not proficient at.

Garrett
Welcome Garrett.

Don't sell yourself short. You REALLY suck at pinball. Love that you hangout with me in the middle of the pack.

:lol:
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hey everyone, my name is Chris. I'm a lifelong video game nerd, from a little kid with an Apple II to a big kid with every electronic toy I can lay my hands on. I'm also a car and camera nut, but have chilled out on those since having a couple kids.

My friend Garrett got me (re) hooked on pinball a few years ago at MGC. I went for the old arcade games but had a lot more fun with the pinball tables. I only got serious about it a year or so ago when I bought my first table.

Oh, I shouldn't say "I", cause my wife is even more into pinball than I am. Instead of "ANOTHER pinball table?" I hear "ANOTHER PINBALL TABLE!" You might find both of us at Schwoegler's for the monthly games, and you'll probably find her there a couple times a week for lunch, cause she works a few minutes away.

We've got Space Jam and Lethal Weapon 3 at home right now, and are looking for more!

Oh, and I suck at pinball. I'm much better at Street Fighter. Perhaps I need a Street Fighter pin?
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Good intro Garret :mrgreen:
Question- would you fall into the category of "I enjoy fixing pinball machines more then playing them?" Or I enjoy fixing pinball machines equal to enjoying playing them?"
-
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

cad-kid wrote:Good intro Garret :mrgreen:
Question- would you fall into the category of "I enjoy fixing pinball machines more then playing them?" Or I enjoy fixing pinball machines equal to enjoying playing them?"
-
I really do like both and it ebbs and flows which I like better. However, if I had to choose one I would probably say fixing them. It is especially cool for me to see a game that has been "left for dead" being played by others. At this point it seems I limit out at getting games working correctly. Hopefully as time goes on I will get more skill in really tuning them up and looking awesome as well. How about you?
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hilton wrote: Currently own 9

OK.... I really had to laugh at this... Post was only from 1.5 years ago and now I think I own around 22ish games (really not sure and no longer like to count)....

WTF?
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:
cad-kid wrote:Good intro Garret :mrgreen:
-
I really do like both and it ebbs and flows which I like better. However, if I had to choose one I would probably say fixing them. It is especially cool for me to see a game that has been "left for dead" being played by others. At this point it seems I limit out at getting games working correctly. Hopefully as time goes on I will get more skill in really tuning them up and looking awesome as well. How about you?
I fall into the enjoy fixing pinball machines more than playing them - Unless I can get into some good (close score) multiplayer action :mrgreen:
ChateenK

Post by ChateenK »

My name is Chateen, and I've enjoyed playing pinball since I was a kid. The arcade at the hotel was usually the most fun part of any family vacation. I'm very busy working full-time and taking care of 2 kids, so Chris K and I spend our free time playing pinball and video games and watching movies. I've gotten faster at doing chores and cleaning, and I skate by on 6 hours of sleep, so as to maximize playtime. We also get to occasionally do the monthly tourney at Schwoegler's, which is super fun. :)

I enjoy going to MGC every year, and this year, we went to the Pinball Life event and Pinball Expo in Chicago for the first time. I had so much fun doing the suspended pinball playing and playing a bunch of cool pinball tables. I would love to have an office filled with pinball machines. I'm a pretty terrible player, but I have a lot of fun playing anyway. We have our 2 machines, and we're hoping to get a 3rd very soon!

My job is about 5-ish minutes from Schwoegler's, and I go there for lunch during the week to eat and play pinball. I have a dream job, just because of its prime location, haha. There is too much fun to be had and not enough time!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great intro Chateen! Welcome to a great site!
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
ChateenK

Post by ChateenK »

Ken wrote:Great intro Chateen! Welcome to a great site!
Thanks for the welcome. I am so excited to have found such a fun hobby and cool people.