Introduce yourself thread...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
bigduke6

Re: Introduce yourself thread...

Post by bigduke6 »

Hey, my names Frank, Bigduke6 on Pinside. Haven't been in the hobby that long. Played as a kid on the southside of Chicago. About 6 years ago I started hunting for a game of my own. Luckily I came home with a Medusa. I learned keeping a 30 year old machine running was something I enjoyed. I only wanted one machine, that didn't last long. Anyways now were up in Rhinelander. Much more time to dig into the hobby. I know just enough to get myself in trouble.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Welcome! I remember when you said you were moving up there on Pinside. That's quite the change! You have a NF you're trying to sell or trade, correct? It looked awesome if I'm thinking of the same one, you may want to post it on the FS thread here.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Baumann

Post by Baumann »

Hi guys, my name is Scott Baumann and my handle on both here and pinside is Slinger. That comes from my comic book days and my favorite character was Cap. I've been doing a lot more lurking than posting on here, so I figured it was time to say hello. Started playing a lot of pinball in the mid-80's at the Unions and Westgate mall. (anybody remember Hercules with the cue ball for the ball?) My favorite game back then was Xenon. Teen age boy, go figure. In the mid 90's, I worked for a few years as a route tech for a vending company that included pins. Onsite we didn't do much more than replace fuses, coils, switches and rubbers, but it was a fun job. Even worked a whole summer in the Dells, going from campground to restaurant to attraction and then back again. That was interesting. Not just pins though, vids, pool tables, jukeboxes, cigarette machines, etc.

Decided a few years ago I wanted to get a cheap pin and see if I could refurb it. Ended up finding a Game Plan Sharpshooter that was pretty much dead. Then I completely killed it by attaching the backbox connectors wrong and firing it up. Flames and everything. Color coded would have been nice. Ended up trading that and some cash to Todd, who I found on Craigslist, for a Zacaria Magic Castle. By then, I just wanted something I could play and Todd wanted a challenge. Todd put quit a bit of time and solder back into Sharpshooter and then sold it back to me. Todd did a great job, but that game needs constant maintenance as I think it has had about a million plays in it's life. Keeps me hopping. Kept the Magic Castle for a couple years or so and just a few months back, I traded it to Mark for a Flash Gordon and a Black Hole project. Those are my 3 current machines, ShS, FG, BH. Played in Waunakee last year and went to my 1st MGC as well. Also played in Mad Rollin'. I was the swift guy who kicked the cord by Hilton's Fish Tales and knocked a few machines out. You're welcome Ken. Will be there this weekend again in Waunakee and taking my son to MGC, so we'll just be there on Sunday. Would love to get in the league, but you guys are full up. Maybe next year. At any rate, would like to get more involved with the local scene in person instead of just online. See everybody on Saturday. Scott.
Hoopjohn

Post by Hoopjohn »

Hoopjohn. Real name John. Hoop is a childhood nickname that just hung on. Make my living as a logger. Also worked building log homes.
Live in the country between Eagle River and Three Lakes.......a place most of you call "Up North".

Played pinball as a kid, mainly at Cons Recreation in Antigo. The cost of a game was still a nickel. And I recall that I didn't particularly like it when they went from a 5 balls per game to a 3 balls per game.

Became an adult and pinball pretty much fell by the wayside.

Motorcycles became my hobby.....and still are to this day. First bike at age 14 was a Honda CL90. 37 bikes later......and I now own a HD dresser and BMW R100RT. Attended the Sturgis Rally 16 times over the years. I like and admire most bikes, from most manufacturers. I'm definitely not the "hang around the bar type of biker", but rather enjoy cranking out the miles and feeling the wind.

Got back into pinball in roundabout manner. Built my own log house and moved in Jan 2007. Walkout basement got fully finished off in 2010. Rec room size was modest, and I didn't really know what to fill it with. Thought about a pool table, but realize about 1/2 of all pool tables have boxes sitting on them within 6 months.
Ran across an ad for a ball bowler, and brought it home. It was non operational. Eventually (with help) got it pretty much operational. Bought an electronic dart board. A bar. Then, my first pin, a Bally Star Trek. More pins would follow.
Attended first pinball party in Aug of 2013 at Toms in Appleton. Didn't know what to expect. Complete WOW!

Totally hooked. Jeremy (Cad Kid) still does all my tech work, and I am graciously thankful. Hope to learn tech stuff in the future. Slowly adding to my modest collection of pins/bowlers. Now fully realize (through attending pin parties) that I want (need) an "A" list pin.
Current collection. Police Force, Terminator 2, Bride of Pinbot, Metallica Pro, United "Bowling Alley" ball bowler, United "Coronado" Ball Bowler
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Glad to see you're attending more events. I gotta get "up north" and check out your collection. :D
gern

Post by gern »

Hi, I'm Greg. gern over on pinside.

I bought a Lethal Weapon 3 a few months ago and fixed it up. Now I've got the bug and am looking for my second machine. I am living in Iowa and stumbled on this place from pinside... I think.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

gern wrote:Hi, I'm Greg. gern over on pinside.

I bought a Lethal Weapon 3 a few months ago and fixed it up. Now I've got the bug and am looking for my second machine. I am living in Iowa and stumbled on this place from pinside... I think.

It's all downhill from here.... I don't think there is a known cure for that bug. We have a couple of guys from Iowa in here... Close Enough!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

Iowa sucks
Ken

Post by Ken »

Then why do you live there? Work?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

PaulyB18 wrote:Iowa sucks
move to Madtown. Would be great to have the other half of the beard bros contingent closer!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

PaulyB18 wrote:Iowa sucks

You are in the wrong hobby. If your hobby was corn, you would be in heaven!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

Or insurance.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Hello, my name is Noah. I am new to the pinball scene, mainly because I recently learned that there are places in Madison that have pinball machines. As a kid, I used to love playing pinball and spent a lot of quarters at Alladin's Castle in Wausau and Sam's Pizza in Schofield. From what I remember, my favorites were The Simpsons, Super Mario World, and Street Fighter. I recently checked out The Pinball Arcade on Steam and have spent a few hours playing Tales of Arabian Nights. Hopefully this month I will be able to get out to the east side and check out the machines at Pooley's and Rossi's. I don't own any machines of my own, need to get a house first. Some day though I hope to have one of my own, just need to figure out which one.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Welcome Noah.

I am heading out to Pooley's around 7pm tonight for some playing. if you are able, stop on out.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Welcome to the site Noah. Look forward to meeting you at Pooley's next monthly! ;)