Deadpool

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
pfcjimmy

Re: Deadpool

Post by pfcjimmy »

Does anyone do show game deals for Expo?
I checked with Marco but they don't.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pfcjimmy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am Does anyone do show game deals for Expo?
call trent
740-803-2276

He usually has a few that are used int he big tourney and play great for a discount over NIB

Tell him Hilton sent you.
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Might not need a Cleland sound package for this one.
20180809_111122.jpg
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Posehn did some great writing on Deadpool comics. The comic quips aren't as "R rated" as the films, but the comedy is definitely there!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Chris K wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:08 pm Posehn did some great writing on Deadpool comics. The comic quips aren't as "R rated" as the films, but the comedy is definitely there!
That's funny you were just telling me he did some of the comics. Very cool that they have a "script" for the game done by him, as well.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Yeah, this is the best case scenario, I think. I'm a big fan of his run in Deadpool with Gerry Duggan.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see what characters made the LCD. There's so many great crazy characters to draw from. The White Man is probably too on point for a pinball table, but if they load us up with a bunch of Deadpool variants (Pandapool!!) I'll be overjoyed.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pfcjimmy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am Does anyone do show game deals for Expo?
so what did Trent say? Any hook ups this year on tourney show games?
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

I was toying with the idea of buying IMDN even though Im not a fan of the band. But now with this announced, need to see it in action! I feel like the difference between the pro and prem could be a lot, so Im waiting to see some game play first. No drops could make the pro faster (for better or worse). That orbit though coming to the right flipper instead of the pops, its hard to say if thats better or worse until we see some code and what modes are. Maybe hitting the pop area is better, maybe it isn't. If it wasnt for the orbit, I probably would have pre-ordered a pro.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

FYI - Dead Flip will be streaming gameplay today at 4:30pm on Twitch (username Dead_Flip).
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Thanks for the tip.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

The stream is up on YouTube now too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4RLFqdFf4U

That was pretty cool! The display was awesome; the fights were pretty interactive and fun to watch. The sound effects were great! Lots of nostalgic old sounds. The right ramp looked easy to hit, but not always easy to make it all the way up. The rest of the shots looked pretty reasonable.

I noticed they had different art blades on this Pro. The other ones looked nicer, but I think I saw they were exclusive to the LE.

Pretty sure we'll be picking one up when funds free up, but I gotta play one first. Can't wait to see it at Schwoeglers!
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

I agree. Everything looked pretty great. Cant wait to see some more wizard modes and 4th wall stuff, etc. Its a pretty good start so far though. The pro is looking more tempting than the premium right now. $1500 for some drop targets, an orbit and a disco ball seems like a stretch right now without seeing the game play. Cant wait to play this one.
Black Hole, F14, Dirty Harry, Walking Dead Premium, Fish Tales, Comet, Metallica, The Shadow, Whirlwind, Black Knight 2000, Deadpool
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Same boat here. I would definitely like the ball-deadening effects of the drops on a fast table like this, but I think I can live without them after watching the table play. The side targets don't get much action.

It's hard to justify the big price increase on the Premiums. The add-ons for GB and Star Wars were more impressive than this one, and I don't see how the features would add much in the way of fun... they just make the table play differently.

I'd go for an LE before a Premium, but we're moving house soon and can't buy a table right now, so the Pro will be the only option for me.
BrewNinja

Post by BrewNinja »

Same thoughts I had. Originally I thought the drops would be more important, but it doesn't really appear so (at least so far, who knows how the code will change).
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Let me know if you guys are looking to make a purchase. I have access to stern machines and can be very competitive. We also accept trade ins of most coin op and other items.

Kingpin
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games