WI State Championship Info Thread

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
jpolfer

WI State Championship Info Thread

Post by jpolfer »

Hey everyone, thought I would move a lot of the conversation about the WI State Championship over here to this new thread.
jpolfer

Re: WI State Championship Info Thread

Post by jpolfer »

As of today via Josh Sharpe, I forfeited my potential spot in GA's state championship and will be helping with the WI State Championship tournament directing duties, alongside Tully.

Kinda annoyed that I had to make the decision now, but it should make life easier for those of us running the tournaments.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

why did you need to make it now? I am happy to stand in and help out if you want to go to GA.
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Hilton wrote:why did you need to make it now? I am happy to stand in and help out if you want to go to GA.
Thanks for the offer Hilton, but after some consideration I decided this is the way I wanted to go.

It was more or less a decision I made with myself last night. I got an email from Josh about finalizing details. I decided that If Josh wanted to know an answer ASAP, it would be me. He wanted to know ASAP, so I told him I would do it. I also informed the GA State Championship director this morning of my decision to give up the spot, so its final.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

OK, well I better redefine my search for more points so I can make the WI final >> just so I can come to Tom's :D
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

WI State Championship Update:

- There are only 2 months left to qualify for this awesome tournament at Tom Taylor's. If you are "on the bubble" (check your standing here) and have the time, please go and compete to ensure you will have a shot for the glory! See the IFPA Calendar for IFPA events in WI.

- Players who are qualified will be contacted via email in the first week of January. You will have ONE WEEK from the receipt of the email message to respond whether or not you will be able to attend. Note that a non-response will be treated as a negative response after this one week deadline. The top 16 players (by ranking) that state that they will be able to attend will be accepted into the championship.

- If you are on the ranking list in WI, at any spot on the list, you need to have your email address registered with the IFPA on your IFPA profile to receive the above email. This is the primary way contact with players will be done. If we cannot contact you and get your attendance response, you *will* be skipped.

If you haven't yet registered your email address with your player entry on the IFPA website, do so. Many WI players haven't done this yet - if you do it, it may actually increase your chance of making it into the championship.

For more info, please see this IFPA blog post: http://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpa-state-c ... 013-update
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for the info Jon!
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Emails for the 2013 WI State Championship have been sent.

If you are in the top 50 for WI and have not received the email, please contact me via PM and we can get things sorted out.
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

WI State Championship Info Updates:

- Registration deadline has been changed to 1/12/2014 at 7PM CST, to coincide with the same time IL registration closes.

- Current plan is that main tournament will be held on DMD and SS machines. Game list will be announced after players are identified. EMs will be used for the side tournaments.

- You can see a list of who has accepted/declined for WI State Championship here: http://www.ifpapinball.com/state_registration.php?s=WI Note: this page may be in beta, and I lack direct access to update the page, so there may be a lag in updates.
Last edited by jpolfer on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Woo Hoo! In! Thanks Jon! Sounds like it's going to be an awesome time!
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Quick note to WI folks:

There's a bunch of private mails I need to write up that I owe a number of people, including methos.

They are coming - sometime tomorrow I'll do a major coffee shop stop and get them answered.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Only a few unknowns left in the playfield and then we will know first round matchups.

It won't, but if it were to lock in this way it would be me and you in the first round Jon ;)

EXCITING!
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

As of 1/7/2014, WI only has 2 unknown spots left. Both of the players have contacted me, but neither has given me a definite accept/decline response yet.

Once the 16 are identified, more info on WI will be on its way.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for the update Jon. Looks like I have a 50/50 shot of playing in the first round against an out of stater. Sure hope I play one of them and not BJ or Dave B. :?
nardmacmke

Post by nardmacmke »

Come on Ken!! I just got lucky against you at the last Uptowner! I put you as the favorite in that matchup!