Flippin with the Greats > Madison, WI

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Flippin with the Greats > Madison, WI

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Tom and Eric????? Now that's really really tempting!!

Yup.

1 day trip down and back. I was told westside first and then eastside later. Don't quote me on that.

I am getting some stuff done, have a few appts, and then hopefully stopping in to knock Ryan off a game :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Good luck to all! If Schwoegler's had opened at 9 I would have talked myself into it. But now I'm in bed. Goodnight and happy new year!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Good luck to all! If Schwoegler's had opened at 9 I would have talked myself into it. But now I'm in bed. Goodnight and happy new year!
Schwoeglers does open at 9am... At least on most days it does.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

scores are rolling in.

When all in and tallied I will update the madisonpinball website and likely send out an email for all to see.

Things are definitely coming down to the wire and I was told there are still people head hunting scores at both locations.

Currently 4th 5th and 6th place are all within 1-2 combined ranking points so things will switch around a bit as scores come in. Still a few hours left to play if you are so inclined to chase it down to the wire. Just make sure that final email is timestamped in 2014.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

all scores have now been turned in.

I will tally and send out an email on thursday

THANKS to all for playing.
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Thanks to you Hilton. For all you do for Madison pinball and for this tournament. I seriously played more pinball this month than I have played in years! And it felt great (Except the blister on my plunger finger and the sore wrists) I feel I did better than I should have on some games and not nearly as well as I needed on others, but I feel confident I gave it my best effort. Really looking forward to getting out to these locations again in the next few weeks and beating all my scores now that they don't count!
Good playing against you all even if it was just on the scoreboards.
Look forward to seeing you all again and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Dru
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thanks Dru!

I really appreciate your kind words.

E Mail has been sent out to all players with scores and final results. If you did not get it then please contact me.
Scores wont post on the forum and format correctly from the tourney software I am using, so email will have to do for now.

I plan to submit to IFPA later today so everyone can see final SCS standings.
thanks
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Thanks for running the tourney Hilton and congrats on winning. I had a blast playing! There were some great scores on that list and it makes me happy to see competitive pinball thriving in WI.

Congrats to all and Happy New Years!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks Mike!

Results have been submitted to IFPA
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for running a very fun tourney Hilton. I made it to Schwoegs two times and Pooley's four times. Only once did I not see some friends! Even on the 25th I saw friends!! Looking forward to the next tourney in this format.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Thanks for running a very fun tourney Hilton. I made it to Schwoegs two times and Pooley's four times. Only once did I not see some friends! Even on the 25th I saw friends!! Looking forward to the next tourney in this format.

Thanks Ken! I am glad you liked the format.

We are thinking maybe one month per quarter we may do something similar. We want to have a much lower entry fee ($5 or 10 at most), use all entry fees to get some fun trophies and have prizes, and some sort of 'party' where we put games on free play for a few hours.

We are trying to fester out some ideas and then we will talk to location owners to see what they think.

Stay tuned.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for running the tourney Hilton! Some seriously great scores on all the games. I love to see the improvement in all of us in playing pinball. We are on the way to bringing the State Championship Trophy back to Wisco!!! Plus, I am excited to play Hilton's new Stern pinball after he WINS in Vegas!!! :D
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Yes thanks again for stalking Eric and I. :lol: ;)
I had a great time. Playing on location was a lot of fun.
Tom.