Madison Pinball Eastside location: Pooley's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: New Location in Madison! need your feedback pls

Post by Ken »

Donated to the cause again last night. Everything kicked my ass (just like league) but I did manage to finally beat Steve Richie's 75,000,000 on ST. Ryan's GC score still eluded me though. Nice game Ryan!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

That is huge! I have not been able to put up a good game on ST for quite a while now.

I had a few good ones on FH last week and was 1 room away from touring mansion on TAF on ball 1 then fell apart. I have been actively trying to practice more pinball lately but still not getting any better (possibly getting worse).
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thinking about heading over after work for a few games today...

anyone interested in meeting up?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Wish I could join ya. Just got to work. :( Itchin to get that GC back on TAF!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

end of ball 1 on ST 35mil!
end of ball 2 on ST 36mil...
end of ball 3 on ST 37mil...

doh!

consolation prize, I FINALLY took down IAN on FH!
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Do you have any plans to swap games out? What game is getting the most play? Star Trek or Taf?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

noncommittaldave wrote:Do you have any plans to swap games out? What game is getting the most play? Star Trek or Taf?
We plan to start swapping out 1 after 4-6 months and then 1 game every few months after that to try and keep it fresh. I also am working on the bar owner to try and get him to let us bring in 2 more games. The problem being that space is VERY valuable to him ~ 10-20 days a year (big sporting game days) and pins are a permanent thing. I can understand his constraints and actually have no real idea if more games will = more people or just spreading out the people across more games?

I have been trying to convince Dave B to bring in WCS to swap out SS to try and get some new people into pinball with the world cup excitement :) I hate soccer and even I have been watching.

I am hoping ST gets a code update soon as I really like that game and am excited to see what the "final code" offers.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

I think hurricane would earn well out there. Lol
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I plan on putting WCS out there, just not sure how quickly that will happen (definitely not before this weekend). It would have been great to get it out there during the world cup, but it just didn't work out that way. At this point, I'm reluctant to pull it before I host league since that would cut down on my playable games. I also don't have an abundance of time before that date.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

DeaconBlooze wrote:I also don't have an abundance of time before that date.

guessing the whole baby thing makes time a premium :)

If Mike is any indication, you start to get more pinball time after a few months. Pretty cool seeing him play with Therin strapped to him.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

I was out there Saturday the 28th. Played all 4. Space Shuttle had some sound issues but it was fun. I also introduced a buddy to pinball and for his first time playing he really got into it. His favorite was ST. I'm partial to FH. TAF with the Gummi rings kicked my butt. Thanks for doing this!!
Kirk
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Kirk H wrote:I was out there Saturday the 28th. Played all 4. Space Shuttle had some sound issues but it was fun. I also introduced a buddy to pinball and for his first time playing he really got into it. His favorite was ST. I'm partial to FH. TAF with the Gummi rings kicked my butt. Thanks for doing this!!
Kirk

thanks for supporting with your quarters and beer purchases from the bar!

SS sound issue has been fixed now. I was out there yesterday to watch the world cup game and gave the games a good once over. Everything playing well currently. I may be out after work today to play and show off to my brother who is in town form CO.

Thanks again for stopping out and come on in for the monthly competition sometime. 2nd Wednesday of each month. Next one July 9. Competition starts at 6:30, be signed in 5 min prior at latest.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

I would love to come out and see the monthly competition, but weekdays are almost out of the question for me. It's just over an hour to get there. But if the stars align for me it may happen one of these days.
thanks,
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

I will be joining the forces once my wife and I move to Madison around Labor Day weekend. You will see me all the time. Unfortunately don't own any machines to help out with but I will for sure give $ to those machines and business to the bar.

Thanks and I look forward to the move (well not technically because I hate moving with a passion, but once I get there...I'll be happy).

Bryon
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Where are you coming in from? Great to have more pinheads in the area