Talk me into it or out of it...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ran

Re: Talk me into it or out of it...

Post by Ran »

noncommittaldave wrote:another whirlwind gets away from me! i think i'm up to 10+ within 100 miles of me that spit the hook! lol. Congrats, Randy. I guess i don't need to sell my iron man to make room. :mrgreen:
I'm sorry Dave :(
It all happened very fast last night after I got the kids to sleep.
Contacted a Pinside wanted ad. Got an Immediate response. Sent a description and link to the restoration I did. Dropboxed him a ton of photos. Got another response 20 minutes later saying he wants it and that his son is psyched because it's his favorite. He met my asking price and is working on shipping options now.
If for some reason it falls through and Hilton relinquishes his dibs from ~3 years ago it's all yours.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote:Might be a couple of weeks before I find out, he was going to go into the warehouse in Kansas and see what was actually still left. Expect the worst as far as condition (IE- Heavily routed, broken plastics, but bootable games), but the playfields on these Sterns have been decent... I will let you know when I hear more.

Thanks. I have seen pretty bad, but at 1500 if it can be cleaned up and played that is good in my book for route use. If I am first to commit does that mean I get second pick after you take yours?
Last edited by Hilton on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ran wrote:[If for some reason it falls through and Hilton relinquishes his dibs from ~3 years ago it's all yours.

Can I trade in my dibs for the next title ;)

Since I have a Wwind I no longer needed dibs on this one, LOL.

Dave, you can have dibs on my Wwind but you already know I spend too much (and now add on another $600 in parts and ramps and topper to get it up to par with where it needs to be.)
Ran

Post by Ran »

ralphwiggum wrote:Congrats on the sale..... Any ideas on what you want to bring in?
I'm toying with the idea of a NIB or HUO Tron.
I've never owned a stern (or newer game for that matter) and I've always loved playing it.
Plus I love the two movies.
SM is another that piques my interest.
I'm open to everyone's thoughts.
There are some older B/W games I also enjoy but to find cherry ones may be out of my price range.
Games like TOM and IJ and TOTAN.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ran wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:Congrats on the sale..... Any ideas on what you want to bring in?
I'm toying with the idea of a NIB or HUO Tron.
I've never owned a stern (or newer game for that matter) and I've always loved playing it.
Plus I love the two movies.
SM is another that piques my interest.
I'm open to everyone's thoughts.
There are some older B/W games I also enjoy but to find cherry ones may be out of my price range.
Games like TOM and IJ and TOTAN.

IJ would be the only one to fit the bill on a deeper game (talking about the Williams titles). TOM and TOTAN are gorgeous, but the rules are on the weak side for sure. TRON is another one where the rules are on the weaker side as well. Spiderman is a good choice if you open the outlanes, if not, you can get through it with a little time on it, and the games can get really long. Really depends on how deep you want to get.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:Might be a couple of weeks before I find out, he was going to go into the warehouse in Kansas and see what was actually still left. Expect the worst as far as condition (IE- Heavily routed, broken plastics, but bootable games), but the playfields on these Sterns have been decent... I will let you know when I hear more.

Thanks. I have seen pretty bad, but at 1500 if it can be cleaned up and played that is good in my book for route use. If I am first to commit does that mean I get second pick after you take yours?
If/when I get them, I will let you know. I don't have a pick order yet, as nothing is in stone. It really is a crapshoot as to what is going to come. It is always a calculated risk doing these, as they are site unseen. I really don't know what I bought until I crack them open. If I get them, you can help me open them up and see what I bought and we can go from there. I don't have any issue with order of commitment or anything. I don't even know if I am getting any of them at this point. If they don't boot, I don't even have interest unless they are under 1k. My seller is looking to make sure they actually boot.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Ran wrote:
noncommittaldave wrote:another whirlwind gets away from me! i think i'm up to 10+ within 100 miles of me that spit the hook! lol. Congrats, Randy. I guess i don't need to sell my iron man to make room. :mrgreen:
I'm sorry Dave :(
It all happened very fast last night after I got the kids to sleep.
C
absolutely no need to apologize. i haven't even seen the game, so who knows what noncommittaldave woulda done had he laid eyes on it. :shock:

good luck in your search. I would stay away from tron as they are overpriced and *maybe* they'll vault that one. who knows.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'll start researching SM since you, Mike and a few others have mentioned it. Plus it sounds like it may be good for my skill level.
What are people's thoughts on CV?
I have a thing for J-Pop games...mostly because I love the art and quirkiness.
I've only played CV once or twice and didn't get to far I to the game.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

CV is a stunning game to look at and will hold your interest play-wise for quite awhile. The rules are just below IJ in terms of depth. The Spot Marvel roll over should be turned off to make it truly difficult to get to the Cirqus. Fun multiball to triple stack. Bang for the buck, CV isn't there anymore, as the price has gotten silly. If price is no object, go CV, if price is to be considered, go Spiderman.
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I think KingPin had a spidey at one point?

I think there is also one on pinside from a regional pinhead? not sure but seem to remember one that keeps being bumped/lowered?

Maybe see if Jason Jones is alive and wants to sell his nice example? (Dave M may have his contact)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Tim,

just keep me posted after you hear stuff and let me know the details. Thanks
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Jones has zero interest in selling his Spider-Man. I ask him every time I see him. I think he'd sell his tron le, though...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Current Collection
tullster

Post by tullster »

15 NASCAR's Tim?!! yikes!! I'll be pulling ours from route next week and will have it for the winter. I like the game and it's been pretty reliable. The Car mechanism and the weird ball trough are the trouble spots.

The Step-Daughter & I are going to put together another "Tournament of Destruction" Car for next year at Jefferson Speedway. If you get them and part any of 'em out and have a spare cabinet... It would make an interesting trailer for the trailer race!! :o

Ran... Spiderman is a cool game, and Tron is too. I'd be torn as well. I suppose it would depend on price & availability. Just take your time and something will pop up!
Ran

Post by Ran »

tullster wrote:15 NASCAR's Tim?!! yikes!! I'll be pulling ours from route next week and will have it for the winter. I like the game and it's been pretty reliable. The Car mechanism and the weird ball trough are the trouble spots.

The Step-Daughter & I are going to put together another "Tournament of Destruction" Car for next year at Jefferson Speedway. If you get them and part any of 'em out and have a spare cabinet... It would make an interesting trailer for the trailer race!! :o

Ran... Spiderman is a cool game, and Tron is too. I'd be torn as well. I suppose it would depend on price & availability. Just take your time and something will pop up!
Thanks Godfather!
And thanks for the SM link Tim.
Current Collection