Flippin with the Greats > Madison, WI

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
KingPin Games

Re: Flippin with the Greats > Madison, WI

Post by KingPin Games »

Ken wrote:Alright, somebody who can afford to go to Vegas has to win this. I know there are a few of you. :)

Good luck!
Just landed in Chicago at 1 45 am this morning from Vegas. It was a blast! Walked into the phof, walked around, disgusted with what I saw, then walked out. The place is a pathetic shell of what it could be if tim was more approachable and wasn't such an asshole.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Ken

Post by Ken »

Or just set it to go off at bar time.
Ken

Post by Ken »

KingPin Games wrote:
Ken wrote:Alright, somebody who can afford to go to Vegas has to win this. I know there are a few of you. :)

Good luck!
Just landed in Chicago at 1 45 am this morning from Vegas. It was a blast! Walked into the phof, walked around, disgusted with what I saw, then walked out. The place is a pathetic shell of what it could be if tim was more approachable and wasn't such an asshole.
Glad you had a blast! Sad phof was bad. Welcome home!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Or just set it to go off at bar time.

It was originally set to go off at 4am and turn back on at 10am. Unfortunately they have some staff that when closing apparently throws all the breakers to the whole building and others that just leave everything running.

When they throw the breaker to the whole building then the timer stops running and things get out of sync.

Seems I just need to remove the timer (or find a power strip with a battery powered timer that runs even when no power to the strip)?

Sorry again Ken.
Ken

Post by Ken »

No need to be sorry. Was all pinballed out anyway. In a good way.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:No need to be sorry. Was all pinballed out anyway. In a good way.

Yeah, looks like I need to head out and put more games up on WCS. No way I will ever get close to that huge score but I need to better my current 600k which is just pitiful.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Printed up cards advertising FWTG and the new QRcode so people can brag/dump photos to the photo thread if they so choose.

I will take them out to Pooley's later today when I remove the timer.
I hope to make it over to Schwoegler's this weekend and will drop some off over there at that time.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Timer fixed

QR code cards put out so those with smart phone have eaiser picture dumping capabilities.

Stix an Dru at Pooley's getting in some games while I was there.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

14 players now!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

15 Players now in. Welcome to Paul O. This first registered traveler from afar ;)

also update for those thinking about registering: Please be registered by Dec 21st at latest. This allows me to have a final player count and get info off to the FWTG charity so they have numbers and can mail me prizes.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Woo Hoo! Paul O!! I'd be surprised if we didn't get more travelers due to the open style format.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

As a player I am really enjoying this format so far. Huge thanks to Tim N for allowing/hosting the picture thread also. I think that is a really cool way to share/brag a bit.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I have had a few people ask that we extend the deadline for playing and score submission to Dec 31st at midnight (busy for xmas time and want to be able to play on the back end of the holiday).

Any objections? I am fine with that and it really has no impact on me one way or the other. I originally picked the 28th as the last day assuming that most people would be doing most of their playing over weekends.

I am pretty sure IFPA will let me extend if I contact them in the next day or 2 to inform them of the extension.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I vote to extend the deadline to Dec 31 at Midnight. With Dec. being such a busy month I need all the time I can get!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

anyone else have input, either for or against extending through the end of the month?