New Madison Pinball west side location - Schwoegler's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: New Madison Pinball west side location - Schwoegler's

Post by Ken »

DeaconBlooze wrote:My Mom's gonna be pissed if I lose my lunch money gambling on pinball.

I was out there again today, just stopped and grabbed a bite to eat. Tacos are 2 for $2.50 during the week, and they're good!

The real question is how did you do on that AC/DC? ;)
tullster

Post by tullster »

I stopped by yesterday and got in a few games. Good times! I was surprised to find them right on the concourse. Great spot! Too bad those Bowlers are so noisy and you can't hear the games as well as I would like, but I think the location right near all the action is a decent trade-off.

Sean stopped by while I was there and we looked over a minor issue on AC/DC. Great playing game! Those transparent rings make it really bouncy and I was lucky to get 20 million out of it. Teed off played really good too and brought back memories.

Great job guys!!

Tully
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks tully!

Space jam and simpsons DE are now in along with ACDC and TeedOff
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Schwoegler's Lineup Nov 2, 2014
Schwoegler's Lineup Nov 2, 2014
I'm happy to announce that Schwoegler's now has all four machines up and running! They are:

Tee'd Off
Simpsons (Data East)
AC/DC Premium
Space Jam

The first tournament will be Saturday, November 22nd from 6-9pm. If you encounter troubles with any of the machines please let us know and we will address them quickly. Thanks to everyone for their support and helping bring pinball back to the Madison area!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Allmyfriends77

Post by Allmyfriends77 »

This is great news. Pretty much can walk there. Thank you very much to everyone involved. I'm looking forward to this and I will be sure to report any issues. Thanks!!!

Oh and I'll vote for anytime on Saturday that works best.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Nice lineup - good photo 8-)
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I'm going to have to check out these new machines after work tonight as well as this taco special. With luck my game on AC/DC will last longer than 30 seconds this time around.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Simpsons is currently down, but we are hopeful that we'll be able to get Homer and Bart back up and running this evening.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

FYI - I think the taco special is only during lunch.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Yeah, 5 PM is not a good time for food specials. Mozzarella Sticks were pretty good and they had Warp Speed on tap. After a few more games, I think I am getting the hang of AC/DC Premium. Not sure what I am supposed to aim the cannon at or how to get down to the lower playfield, but that's something to work on next time. Space Jam was pretty fun, even though I was still figuring out the ruleset. I am really taking a liking to Tee'd Off though. I like how the ball tends to fly up off the playfield, unlike in The Pinball Arcade version (not sure if this is a nuance with that specific machine or some configuration setting). I found it more challenging this way and did not get bored after a few games, unlike the virtual version. Simpsons wasn't up yet, so I'll try that out next time.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Aim the cannon at the flashing drop in AC/DC. Alternatively, a lot of players may aim at the bell to get closer to 2x playfield.

To get into the lower PF, choose any song with "Hell" in the title

H2H - started at right ramp after hitting flashing shots
HAABPTB - Full plunge into the jukebox, should start right away
HB - The hardest one, you have to nail the bell and get the ball to the saucer behind it.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hey Noah,

Glad you are liking the games. Tee'd off is mine. I am not understadning what you are describing as "the ball tends to fly up off the playfield" Are there a bunch of air balls that make it harder to hit your shots? or do you just mean that the flippers have good snap and are strong?

If it the the previous, then I need to likely adjust the flippers or rubbers a little to decrease the air balls.

side note: I am around this weekend and the wife is busy. I am mainly just working on viper night drivin at home but if anyone wants to make plans to meet up at Schwoeglers or Pooleys to play and have a few beers just let me know. i could use some chill time and practice on the games. I don't know ACDC well and have only played spacejam 2 times before.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Sorry if I am not describing this very well. I just remember hearing the same sound that you hear in Space Jam when the ball falls through the basket and makes contact with the playfield fairly frequently, which made me think that the ball was loosing contact with the playfield. I am still pretty much a noob when it comes to pinball, so I wasn't sure if this should happen or not. I don't remember specifically where the sounds were happening since I was more focused on playing the game. If I had to guess, I think it was when the ball hit the drop targets in the middle or when the ball would roll down from the upper-left area and hit the top of the left slingshot or left flipper.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Thanks for the further description. I will take a look at it sometime this weekend when I am over to see if I expereince the same symptoms.

We appreciate all tips on if things are behaving oddly or any issues. The sooner we know, the sooner we can address them :)
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Simpsons is back in action, so all 4 machines are up and running. Thanks!