GB Interactive topper build

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Fortytwo

Re: GB Interactive topper build

Post by Fortytwo »

Chris. Thank you. I hope it will be cool and not too much. I'll keep everyone posted on progress. But for right now I'm stalled until the last two bulbs come in. Talon also suggested some sort of GI lighting to keep it visible. I'm thinking putting the two spare purple bulbs on the back in the nc side of the red lights relay. That way only the red is on.
FortyTwo
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

I saw the work in progress today. Looks great!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I think using standard bulbs will make it easier to tone it down if it feels too much. You can go from 2+ SMD down to a frosted LED with a colored cap on it with a quick swap. That's easily a 4x brightness difference with little work.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

Chrisk - it's a possibility for the GI like bulbs. Right now all the sockets are 86 flasher size. I have to keep it all at 12 volts because the motors are hard wired to the sockets. I am currently using automotive LEDs. I have about $30 in bulbs and could always desolder a led if it's too much. But for general glow light I will start with my spare 12v bulbs and can easily move to pinball bulbs.

I finally received my replacement h1 style led bulbs. The unit going full tilt with turning everything on and off at the same time maxes ou at 1.2 amps. All on running is about .9 amps.
Next step is to mount a 12v power supply in the unit and mount my relay board. Then I'll run new smaller guage wiring inside the bar.
FortyTwo
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

It's been a while. I finally have it wired with a power supply and relay board inside. I made another video that shows all the modes th GI and then them all on. Next step wait for game and figure out how to tie in the interactive.

I put it on top of a game to get the idea of how it will fit.

http://youtu.be/S6ctH3vWREk

FortyTwo
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

Temporarily hooked up. Still need to make proper taps. But I'm just enjoying it for now.
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

looks amazing ed.... seriously nice work there!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
CftBL

Post by CftBL »

That is pretty sweet looking.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, Star Wars Premium, Hobbit
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

Thanks, it was a lot of work but I feel it was worth it in the end.
FortyTwo