WTB Super Chexx or Chexx

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
noncommittaldave

WTB Super Chexx or Chexx

Post by noncommittaldave »

Hi Gals/Guys
I'm looking for a super chexx or regular chexx if anyone has one for sale or knows of one. Thanks in advance and sorry for stepping on toes if there are other WTB ads on the forum.

-Dave
ChrisS

Re: WTB Super Chexx or Chexx

Post by ChrisS »

Man I hope you find one. They are so fun. ESP if you have kids that are into it.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
noncommittaldave

ChrisS wrote:Man I hope you find one. They are so fun. ESP if you have kids that are into it.

chris

Both of my kids want one and i know it would be more popular with their friends. What's the real range on a decent one and are these usually worn out if not recently gone through? I know nothing about these.

-dave
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I think it all depends how it was used. If it was routed hard and heavy the gears could be worn and the ice surface could have some wear spots. I.E. text missing and such. The dome is the most expensive part honestly. That is the thing to watch for. If it has deep scratches in it then you will have to have it buffed out or replaced.

The $$$$ range is all over the place. I would think a decent one will run you 1600-1900 ????

I wouldn't pay more unless it had custom players. For $2500 you could have one fresh out of the box.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Yeah, Chris is right on about the costs. if you decide you would like a nib one let me know and i will see what i can get for you. i have a list of about 5 people right now that are actively looking for one of these. they are difficult to find.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
noncommittaldave

Will getting split base and coin mech be best for future resale?
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

split base if probably preferable for most homes (smaller doors than commercial). coin mech? that is a personal preference. if you plan on selling it to a commercial place then they are going to need them, if it is going into another house then it is more than a novelty.

here is the factory website for pricing and options. let me know what you (or anyone else looking at this thread) what you would like and i will see if i can get a better price for my Wisconsin group.

http://www.icechexx.com/default.aspx

arcade version (coin door) adds $200
split base adds $100

Kingpin
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hoopjohn

Post by Hoopjohn »

Anyone have a clue what used ones go for? A friend has one where he works.....its nonworking. It won't kick the puck out into the playfield. I know it could be as simple as a new solenoid or there may be a roached board ($400 to replace).
I've seen it and the condition is good to very good.
My friend wanted me to give him a price on it. Yeah. Nonworking anythings always gives me the jitters
Current collection. Police Force, Terminator 2, Bride of Pinbot, Metallica Pro, United "Bowling Alley" ball bowler, United "Coronado" Ball Bowler
noncommittaldave

I have no clue but am interested contingent on counsel from wise man
noncommittaldave

Hoopjohn wrote:Anyone have a clue what used ones go for? A friend has one where he works.....its nonworking. It won't kick the puck out into the playfield. I know it could be as simple as a new solenoid or there may be a roached board ($400 to replace).
I've seen it and the condition is good to very good.
My friend wanted me to give him a price on it. Yeah. Nonworking anythings always gives me the jitters

Any idea if it's a Chexx or a super Chexx? Are you passing the lead on or just wondering what it's worth so you can buy? Just curious
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'll chime in on this...

Yes, price on a used one will be all over the place. Parts are available, but once you start changing the dome, gearboxes and guys, a new or non routed one that will last a long time without any repairs might be your best bet.

The only difference between the regular and a super (other than cosmetics) is there's a shots on goal sensor that keeps track on the scoreboard.

That being said, I've serviced Chexx games for a LONG time. They're extremely reliable and take a beating on route. They get bounced, kicked, slammed & punched. There are 2 that I know of at Ice Rinks in the Madison area... The Ice Pond in Waunakee, and the Eagles Nest in Verona. They're both pretty beat up, but it just doesn't pay to fix them up 100%, because the little monsters will bust a rod bracket or scratch up the new dome. The CPU is really reliable and should be the least of your worries.

The top things that can go wrong with them include...
- Busted men.
-The puck can disappear under the playfield mostly thru a slot the goalie slides on. Also the section between the slot & goal hole will eventually break requiring an aluminum strip be riveted in it's place or a new playfield.
- The gearbox will get worn and the teeth will skip resulting in less torque.
- There's a formed wire actuator that flicks the puck up onto the playfield that will crack or break. It doesn't happen often, but it's good to have a spare.
- The puck is magnetic and picks up/spreads around metal dust that sticks to the playfield.

Getting under the playfield isn't too difficult. There's about 15 security torx bolts that secure the top. Flip up the top resting it on a table. A cotter pin holds the goalies on. The rest of the guys you pull straight up. They're held on by a plastic disc that can be re-used several times. Keep track of where they came from!! There's one guy with a longer stick! The playfield lifts straight off. Keep an eye on the scoreboard ribbon cable when re-assembling so it doesn't get pinched.

Hope this helps someone. Chexx is a very cool game that's stood the test of time!

Tully
noncommittaldave

Thank you for the in-depth response, Tully. I will check those places out! good info regarding what to look for, too.
noncommittaldave

Bump for a used one. Can't take nib hit for the kids. :lol:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

noncommittaldave wrote:Bump for a used one. Can't take nib hit for the kids. :lol:

there was one for sale in the MI thread (I think) on Pinside very recently. May have been the Chicago or WI thread?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:
noncommittaldave wrote:Bump for a used one. Can't take nib hit for the kids. :lol:

there was one for sale in the MI thread (I think) on Pinside very recently. May have been the Chicago or WI thread?

Yeah, it was overpriced though..... like $2k for an original Chexx. For a few bucks more he can buy it brand new and have SuperChexx.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix