Sorcerer value...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Foo

Sorcerer value...

Post by Foo »

Not quite a putting feelers out post... kind of a mulling things over post. Everybody does that once in a while...right? :roll:

Not sure where the market is these days on Sorcerer. Plus: Near perfect bg, great cab., LEDs, working 100% etc. Minus: One chipped plastic, some planking.

Also thinking if a trade could work for... Game Show (yup...missed the one today and that's how all thing mulling started), Hook, maybe a Flinstones comes to mind.

No fire sale... no must do something soon... just wondering if I should shake up the collection.

Thanks
ralphwiggum

Re: Sorcerer value...

Post by ralphwiggum »

Without seeing it, I am guessing somewhere between 800-1300....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

i'm in at $800, without seeing it. I know my chances are slim/none based on our prior attempt at a deal. :oops:
Foo

Post by Foo »

What noncommittaldave said sounds kind of bad... but it wasn't.

We were working on a trade.... but he couldn't.... well... commit.

No biggie...no bad blood. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

it happens sometimes.

Sorcerer is a fun game, I have no real idea on pricing as I have never hunted for one.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

For what it's worth, Todd sold one about a year ago and was asking on the lower end of that scale for a nice example:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=247

Maybe that helps as a reference, maybe not. Good luck, that game has the best backglass art of all time!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
noncommittaldave

Foo wrote:What noncommittaldave said sounds kind of bad... but it wasn't.

We were working on a trade.... but he couldn't.... well... commit.

No biggie...no bad blood. :)
Yes, it was a trade deal that didn't work out. Foo (Paul?) didn't do anything wrong or anything. He through out a number that I thought was close to what i wanted but then i sought the counsel of wise men and was told i should just sell the game outright. It looks like you got an Addams now and i don't have a whirlwind, so you are doing better than i did. :lol:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

sorry for off topic... Dave, do you have an addams you are intersted in trading to get a Wwind?
noncommittaldave

Hilton wrote:sorry for off topic... Dave, do you have an addams you are intersted in trading to get a Wwind?

sorry, don't have mine. sold it a few months back. end thread jack
Ken

Post by Ken »

Who's Jack?
tullster

Post by tullster »

I don't think you know Jack, Ken! :D
Ran

Post by Ran »

As a fellow Sorcerer owner I'd recommend thinking hard about how much you may miss it once it's gone.
️️Sorcerer has stayed the longest in my collection and I'm not sure I could ever sell it.
️️It's getting harder and harder to find in decent shape and I'm hopeful they reproduce the Playfield soon which will only increase people's desire to get one.
All that being said, I paid $1200 for mine but it had new led displays, new pinscore power board, nos cpu, completely LED'd, and a touched up playfield with automotive clearcoat. Backglass a 9.5 and cabinet an 8. Since then I threw in pinball pro speakers (amazing sound and bass!) and new plastics.

But all in all, if you're ready to let it go then "you are done, mortal."
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
noncommittaldave

so what are you asking for the game, foo? :mrgreen:
Foo

Post by Foo »

Not exactly for sale yet Dave.

When that Gameshow came up on CL a week or two ago, I thought about selling it to a friend (who had dibs). I was just checking here to get a general value on the game. Well that CL Gameshow was sold in about a minute, so I thought that was that. So a few days ago, there's the Gameshow for sale on CL again. Same game, new owner, flipping it for more money. We emailed a few times back and forth, I made a trade plus cash offer and then no replies. I really hate that... at least tell me to get lost... but that's another topic for another day. When that Gameshow popped up again, my friend who had dibs and wanted the game from me forever suddenly changed his mind.

So I guess the only reason potentially selling Sorcerer was to get a Gameshow.... sooooo... if you have a Gameshow to trade... or maybe a Hook... or something I might find cool... we could probably work something out.
noncommittaldave

sorcerer for gameshow? that's messed up. :lol:

if you decide to do a cash sale sometime, let me know. i saw you post a pic on that milwaukee dude's wtb post on pinside so i thought it was up for grabs.

-dave