New Tournament in the Madison Area

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
chaos

New Tournament in the Madison Area

Post by chaos »

All,

I'm still itching for more pinball since I left Pittsburgh, so I'm thinking of starting up a weekly or bi-weekly tournament in Madison. It would be a a cumulative tournament, spanning multiple months. Ideally, I'd like to move between our established locations, so it's not all in the same place. There would be at least one make-up night built into the schedule, and all matches would be on weeknights.

I've been asking people's opinions as I run into them here and there, but I figured I'd start up a discussion.

What are people's thoughts on:
- what days are good?
- weekly (skipping the Pooley's week?) vs. bi-weekly?
- match play vs. individual play vs. team play (yes, I said that)?
Hilton

Re: New Tournament in the Madison Area

Post by Hilton »

I think more pinball is GREAT!

I have no real preferences for any of the style of play options and think anything could be fun. I personally like singles so it awards IFPA points, but team could be fun also.

I guess I like the idea of weekdays (any day works for me personally because I do nothing but play pinball or work on pinball every weekday night) for 2-3hrs, every other week, rotating locations, and the ability for a make up night (or toss out the lowest night) as a way to not sting too bad if I miss one night.

My preference is that is does not conflict (player fatigue?) with Pooley's or Schwoegler's monthly events and MadisonPinball is happy to support in any way we can.

Hope you can get this up and running as I always like more pinball!
Last edited by Hilton on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

I am interested, especially since the times for the monthly meetups have yet to work with my schedule. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays are best for me. Team play sounds interesting. I could see how that could level the playing field if you have a mix of good and not-so-good players on each team (not sure how this is typically done). Either way, I'm interested.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Ken

Post by Ken »

With my crazy schedule more pinball is good. Pick a day, any day and if I'm off work chances are I'll show up.