Bally Strike Bowler for sale

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
tullster

Bally Strike Bowler for sale

Post by tullster »

Putting my '58 Bally strike bowler up for sale... I've been putting this off, but I need the space, it doesn't get played enough, and I've got too many other projects going on. I'm posting it here first so hopefully one of you locals who have the space and don't mind a project will give it a good home.

It's all there and sorta works. It sometimes doesn't register so the ball count doesn't advance (you have to roll a 3rd time). Also, some of the jones plug connectors got flaky and the wires were directly soldered together.

It's currently got shuffle alley pins on it, but I've got a new set of the correct big pins and some new hangers purchased from Doc Doom a couple of years ago. In addition to the 10 new ones, there's another 10 or so assorted spare pins. Full set of schematics and some spare parts are included.

The backglass is flaking in spots. There are replacement glasses out there, but I haven't come across a Strike Bowler one. There's 3 or 4 other glasses from that era that I've been told will fit, such as Challenger and Lucky Alley.

I've only got a few crappy pictures of it, but will take more if I need to. Here's a link to Clay's pinrepair page about it http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/blystrikebb.htm

I'm thinking $800 is a fair price for it. I could deliver it for gas & pizza!

Thanks, Tully
gjbwalker

Re: Bally Strike Bowler for sale

Post by gjbwalker »

GLWS Tully . . . I always wanted a ball bowler, but no room in the current house. Someday.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I don't even know where I would go with this, but I want it... What is the length of this one?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
tullster

Post by tullster »

I forgot to post the measurements..

It's about 15 feet total front to back, about 6 foot 7 tall and 3 1/2 feet wide or so.

You can make it fit Tim! I'll trade ya for some of your pins!! :P
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Thanks... I am pretty sure I will take it, but really need to talk with my wife to see how the hell we are going to make this work. She doesn't care what I do down in the "Playland" she just likes to walk through and visualize it before I make things happen. She actually really likes it down there, so I like having her perspective as well.

I sent you an email earlier, lets take it there :)
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Ken

Post by Ken »

Tim, if you need to make some room I know this great storage place about 15 minutes from your house!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ken wrote:Tim, if you need to make some room I know this great storage place about 15 minutes from your house!

My storage unit is only 5 minutes away... :lol:

I am nuts even considering this to be honest, but it is something I could see my family playing quite a bit.
Current Collection
Ken

Post by Ken »

ralphwiggum wrote:
Ken wrote:Tim, if you need to make some room I know this great storage place about 15 minutes from your house!

My storage unit is only 5 minutes away... :lol:

I am nuts even considering this to be honest, but it is something I could see my family playing quite a bit.
But that storage unit costs money!!! :)

You are kinda crazy, but I know you'll make it work! :o
Hoopjohn

Post by Hoopjohn »

$800 is a very good price for a pretty much working ball bowler. If you've ever tried to purchase a ball bowler, they are typically for sale in so-so cosmetic and non-functional mechanical condition at twice (or more) this price. You simply never see a working ball bowler for sale at $800.
Once you do a mechanical restoration (basically cleaning off all the 1950's grease from the internal workings) and get them dialed in, they tend to be stone cold reliable.
Current collection. Police Force, Terminator 2, Bride of Pinbot, Metallica Pro, United "Bowling Alley" ball bowler, United "Coronado" Ball Bowler
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Well hell, I had room after all. After a thorough cleaning, this one will easily be the family favorite! Thanks Tully for a great day, and assisting with the move. You should have seen the Egyptian like system of rollers and pulleys used to get this one all setup by myself...
Attachments
IMG_20140330_233736_626.jpg
IMG_20140330_233657_039.jpg
Current Collection
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Congrats Tim! It looks like the room was mad for a bowler. Way to think ahead when designing the house.

G#
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:Congrats Tim! It looks like the room was mad for a bowler. Way to think ahead when designing the house.

G#

If I were thinking ahead, there would have been enough room for this bowler and 40 pins, not this bowler and 11 pins... :oops:
Current Collection
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

The ball bowler fits like a glove! Congrats on the addition. That will be a fun addition to the gameroom!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

looks liek a 6-player? Maybe you will have twins this time around ??? ;) Then the whole family can play together.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:looks liek a 6-player? Maybe you will have twins this time around ??? ;) Then the whole family can play together.

If we have twins, there is storage in the lower part of the lane, and that is exactly where they will have to sleep....
Current Collection