TNA Launch Party > Sat Dec 9th

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: TNA Launch Party > Sat Dec 9th

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 pm On the ifpa calendar it says TGP 10 games which is about 38%. Have you changed the format?
IFPA calendar should be updated to 100% now.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Trophies...
Attachments
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

But Thats None Of My Business.png
I guess you found a way to collect one dollar from pinball players.
From what I've heard, that is a logistical nightmare, especially in Wisconsin.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

All trophies and prizes are donated by Madison Pinball, Spooky Pinball, KingPin Games, Scott D, AltBrew; who are all sponsors for this event. Please stop by and say hello/tell them thanks for supporting location pinball in Madison and buy a beer while you are at it :)

As a reminder, this event is completely free to attend and particpate in (only coin drop to play if you want to try and better your first attempt or play any of the 8 great titles currently at Alt Brew). There are no additional fees and all are welcome and invited to come hang out, meet team Spooky, and have some fun.

As a reminder, Madison Pinball will also be putting the Killer Queen Arcade on Free play on Sunday following this event for a "flight school" so if you are interested in checking out what all the hub bub is about KQ and learning how to play, then plan your return trip for Sunday :)
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Hilton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 am All trophies and prizes are donated
So the $1 just goes straight to the pinball elite. :shock:
IFPA should take notes. :lol:
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hilton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 am As a reminder, Madison Pinball will also be putting the Killer Queen Arcade on Free play on Sunday following this event for a "flight school" so if you are interested in checking out what all the hub bub is about KQ and learning how to play, then plan your return trip for Sunday :)
Killer Queen on free play? Ohhhh man that's tempting! I love pinball and all, but I'm a gamer first and foremost.
When you get ten people on that game it's incredible!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am a pinhead but have seen the light of KQ. It can be fun even as 3v3 or 4v4 (put the queens in the corners), but shines best as 5v5.
I recently learned how to fly a bit better and it really opened up a whole new level for me on the game (previously I just ran berries and snail).

The group that does the KQ stuff plans to do these "flight schools" every other month and use the time to teach specific techniques and talk a bit more meta. It is a great way to learn the game or get better at it and of course with the cabs on free play for a few hours it makes it easier and less stress to run some fun drills.

They plan to run casual (sometimes more formal) tournaments on the other months. First one had some good players come in form Chicago and Twin cities. It was eye opening to see the skill and meta play by some of them!

If you ever want to play, the KQ group meets up each Wednesday at 7p (may shift to start slightly earlier, but usually at least 10 people if not more from 7-9 each Wednesday). Quite often people get groups together on Fridays or Saturdays also. Just follow the KQ facebook group if you want to plan a visit and have the best shot of having 10+ people there.

Back on topic > If you come over for TNA launch then I am guessing there will plenty of people to play some 10 player games (I know I will!)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Team spooky is bringing a 1 of 1 translight as a prize.
Sweet!!!!
Attachments
tna trans.jpg
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Hilton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm Team spooky is bringing a 1 of 1 translight as a prize.
Sweet!!!!
Attachments
directors-robocop.jpg
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Just 1 day away and getting excited. Taking a half day today to try and get the overhead TV/ CCTV camera setup and working.

Fingers crossed :)
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Capture.JPG
We thought you were a man of principles but I guess we were wrong.
Sad!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm Team spooky is bringing a 1 of 1 translight as a prize.
Sweet!!!!
That's a great translite - REALLY like the artwork on this one! Looking forward to getting a few games in on it tomorrow!
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Success!
Attachments
IMG_1338.JPG
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wow, that's cool! Makes me want to buy a cheapo Black Friday TV for each pinball table in my basement. :)

Good luck at the launch party today, everyone!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Chris K wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am Wow, that's cool! Makes me want to buy a cheapo Black Friday TV for each pinball table in my basement. :)

Good luck at the launch party today, everyone!
Thanks CK! Come check it out. Was super simple to wire up! I want to get a few for home also.

Great time today!