Introduction

Just south of Canada, just north of Milwaukee.
boustrophedonic

Introduction

Post by boustrophedonic »

We just kicked off a new league for the northern suburbs of Milwaukee called the North Shore Pinball League. My name is Fred W. & I'm running the inaugural season. We have hosts signed up from Cedarburg, Grafton, and West Bend. The dates are as follows:

September 16th
October 7th
November 11th
December 9th
January 6th
February 3rd
March 3rd
March 31st
April 28th
May 19th
June 16th (finals)

We're following similar rules to a lot of other local leagues, where we have a "season" corresponding to two nights of play (for example, season 1 = 9/16 and 10/7). Top 3 each season receive a payout. Aggregate scores for the year will be used to seed finals night. Absentee scoring is 80% season average for first absence, 70% for 2nd, etc. (yeah, pretty generous I know), with no possible payout if you miss both nights for a particular season. For pairings we are using Match Play software with Swiss pairings (7/5/3/1). As of right now we are not reporting to IFPA, although discussion are ongoing about whether we might start at some point in the future.

Due to a few preseason dropouts, we have a small number of spots open. If anyone is interested in more info, please contact me.

It's a great time for pinball in Wisconsin!
Hilton

Re: Introduction

Post by Hilton »

Just wanted to say congrats on the new league!

If you allow subs, I am sure it would be nice to swing over on ocassion.
boustrophedonic

Thanks Hilton!

Yes, we have a precedent for allowing subs, and we also have a few people who have said they plan to come occasionally just to enjoy the company, food, and casual pinball. Feel free to PM if you'd like more info on a particular night or nights.
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

I just wanted to say congrats on the new league also Fred! It’s good to see the hobby growing in Wisconsin so much; now we have 4 leagues in our state!
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Good luck with the new league. We'll get you involved next year for the Intra-State league championship tourney.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Eric_S wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 pm Good luck with the new league. We'll get you involved next year for the Intra-State league championship tourney.
Fatal Fourway!

Congrats on the new league!
boustrophedonic

Thanks Erik, Eric & Tom! I'm excited we've gotten so much interest so far & I hope we can keep the momentum going.

It'd be great if at some point we could represent at the intra-state championship. I know we've got at least a few players who would really enjoy the competition.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Hey Fred,
Congrats on the new league! I am good friends with Carl and Matt, who attended your league kickoff. I also have met your brother George. I am part of the Madison league for the 4th year running...it sounds like Carl and Matt had an awesome time. If you have any questions about pinball or the leagues let me know. I have been a collector since the 90's and would gladly help you out.

Tim
boustrophedonic

Hi Tim,

Thanks for checking in! I guess pinball is a small world, although I admit I've met a lot more of the Fox Cities (& of course SE WI) guys than the Madison crew. I hope I get the chance to meet the man behind the legend at some point. ;)

I also appreciate the offer & will keep it in mind if something comes up as we keep flipping along. Thanks!

-Fred
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

:D LOL...sounds great, Fred! Glad you guys are off and running. Hope to meet you someday soon! Have a great one! :)
Muskie82

Post by Muskie82 »

Wondering if you still have spots open. I live just outside of Sheboygan and would be interested in joining a league that is somewhat local.
Pinbot - GOTG - TMNT - Take Five - Star Action
boustrophedonic

Muskie82 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 pm Wondering if you still have spots open. I live just outside of Sheboygan and would be interested in joining a league that is somewhat local.
Sent you a message.