New League Leadership....

jasonm

Re: New League Leadership....

Post by jasonm »

I don't mind trying the seeding for next round being based on total score rather than previous round. Nice thing with ballers is that people seemed fairly open to trying some new formats or other options; like the card game (forget the name?).

Regarding software: internet is always an issue. I know for myself I don't always have coverage at everyone's place. Another option is that I could just write some bracketing software quick for ballers to be exactly how we needed it. I doubt it'd take THAT long, but it'd be fairly "stupid"; basically emulating what we do on paper. But, the nice thing is that it'd auto calculate the scores for everyone; so being able to hit a button and have a list of ranks would be nice rather than hand counting everyone. Also auto-placement of next round would be nice. I could also throw in an option on how to base the next round, either from previous round rank or overall total score.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Now you're just making work for yourself.

Is there really anybody that hosts that doesn't have WIFI that could be used? Are there seriously people who live without viable internet access anymore?
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
jasonm

Post by jasonm »

Mark's last month. His new place has basically no coverage and his ISP went through a satellite (I think? Hopefully remembering that correct). Either way, wifi was basically no go.

I also don't mind the work. There does looks to be a jQuery tournament bracket package I could leverage. It'd at least give us exactly what we wanted.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

epthegeek wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:59 am Now you're just making work for yourself.

Is there really anybody that hosts that doesn't have WIFI that could be used? Are there seriously people who live without viable internet access anymore?
There were actually 3 or 4 places where this was the case. If it werent ISP lacking, it was wifi lacking based on physical location lacking local wifi.

Worrying about internet access was really the only reason I was using paper. I hate writing all that crap down.

Ballers is super flexible, which is why I like it. No two league nights have to be the same, which makes it fun too. I just wish I could give it the time it deserves.

It wasnt the kid activities making it tough, as much as it is the kid activities and having a wife that works every weekend.

I am glad Jay is taking it on. It really is my favorite non-league, league. I will definitely make an appearance or two when make singles bank starts running low.... Lol
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

You could always just use the software if Internet is available, and don't if it's not. The software is really only a time saver, although I agree groupings based on overall score are attractive to me, cause I always have a little dread when I have one good game. :)

Check out the feature list before you think about writing an app... I made a test tournament earlier and it has support for pulling someone out if they leave early, pulling a broken table out (and adding new ones), "re-rolling" the draws, a feature to optionally try to keep people from playing the same table repeatedly, and a bunch of other stuff. The happy path is pretty straight forward, but all those edge cases when Stuff Goes Wrong is where all the coding work is.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Are you kidding me. You guys are a bunch of kiss asses.

TIM......YOU SUCK. STOP BEING A BABY AND MAN UP. GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR AND MAKE IT TO EVENTS. "OHHHHH, MY KIDS.....FAMILY TIME......." GIVE ME A BREAK. YOUR THE A-HOLE WHO SUCKED US ALL INTO THIS LEAGUE AND THEN YOU BAIL............. I HATE YOU.

EAT
Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 11.30.55 PM.png

I know J will do an amazing job with the league.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm Are you kidding me. You guys are a bunch of kiss asses.

TIM......YOU SUCK. STOP BEING A BABY AND MAN UP. GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR AND MAKE IT TO EVENTS. "OHHHHH, MY KIDS.....FAMILY TIME......." GIVE ME A BREAK. YOUR THE A-HOLE WHO SUCKED US ALL INTO THIS LEAGUE AND THEN YOU BAIL............. I HATE YOU.

EAT Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 11.30.55 PM.png

I know J will do an amazing job with the league.
Attachments
stinebrink.jpg
stinebrink.jpg (91.62 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix