Pinball Life Open House

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Pinball Life Open House

Post by Hilton »

Pinball Life party in mid october info posted. I really like this format better. Thursday will likely just be out of towners picking up parts, Friday won't be as crowded if it's limited to 200 people, plus $15 cover charge will also limit it a bit more (but is still a great deal for the food and drink alone).

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p= ... t=274&pg=1

13TH ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE!

During the Chicago Pinball Expo we will be holding our annual Open House.
This will be a two day event with a different format each day.

Thursday, October 12th from 10am-4pm
Free admission
Over 30 games on free play
Free non-alcoholic beverages
Free cold snacks
If you are more about having access to the machines and parts and don't like crowds, this is probably the day for you to attend. We expect this to be a low key, mellow day.

Friday, October 13th from noon-6pm
This is the day we bring the party!
This will be a charity event with all entry fees being donated to The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Admission $15
Official Total Nuclear Annihilation release party!
Over 30 games on free play
Free Pinball Olympic events
Limited free alcoholic beverages (3 drink maximum)
Free non-alcoholic beverages
Free hot lunch
We are issuing entry tickets simply to control the amount of people who attend, as over-crowding has been a concern for many who have attended in the past. A maximum of 200 tickets will be sold. 100% of the ticket cost will go to assist Team G (Bryan and Deb Kelly) in their continuing efforts to fight juvenile diabetes in support of their grandson, Gordon.

More info about this charity can be found here - http://www.jdrf.org/research
Hilton

Re: Pinball Life Open House

Post by Hilton »

over 50% sold out already. Better get your tickets now if you are thinking of going.

This is more fun than Expo in my experience.
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Kate and I are probably heading down on Thursday since it works better with daycare with the earlier hours. Kind of bummed since we won't be able to meet all of the lovely Pinsiders I've come to be familiar with the last several months.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

QuyN wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:43 am Kate and I are probably heading down on Thursday since it works better with daycare with the earlier hours. Kind of bummed since we won't be able to meet all of the lovely Pinsiders I've come to be familiar with the last several months.
If you can make a full day of it then PBL earlier followed by expo for the evening would be a perfect 1 day trip.

Rumor is that JJP#4 will be revealed at the Thursday expo JJP talk (8:30? I think).
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

I wish. We have to pick up the kids from daycare by 5pm, so that means we'll have to leave PBL by 3pm. If JJP#4 is revealed, I'm sure Pinside will be buzzing, no doubt about it.

Next year we'll try to plan better to get to Expo though!
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

Or not...based on the Expo thread on pinside lol
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Texas Pinball Festival seems to be the place to go if you want to attend a big show that offers it all (competition, new game announcements, 400 playable games, diverse games, fun social aspect, vendors, etc...)

Heidi and I are going next year if all goes as planned.