Interstate League championship

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Hilton

Re: Interstate League championship

Post by Hilton »

try2skyme wrote:Thanks Jim for hosting! As for singles, I believe Nick S first, Ryan S second and Paul O third. Dan Q just missed the trophy stand with 4th.

Tyler
At least Madison and MKE put those fox valley folks in their place for the singles ;)

Fun event and thanks again for hosting Jim and running it PaulO!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
try2skyme wrote:Thanks Jim for hosting! As for singles, I believe Nick S first, Ryan S second and Paul O third. Dan Q just missed the trophy stand with 4th.

Tyler
At least Madison and MKE put those fox valley folks in their place for the singles ;)

Fun event and thanks again for hosting Jim and running it PaulO!

Fox Cities 2 for 2! ;)

Now who was that guy that said we only won because we were on our home turf last year?! :lol:

Congrats to Nick, Ryan, Paul & Dan.
jediturtle

Post by jediturtle »

Thanks for the fun day guys! Great job Paul and his helpers. Huge thanks to Jim for opening up your fantastic collection for us! What an awesome place! Also thanks to my fellow Fox Cities guys for carrying me...LOL! :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:
Now who was that guy that said we only won because we were on our home turf last year?! :lol:

You won this because I obviously have no business being part of these. Could have literally put any other Madison person in my place and they would have won. I feel pretty bad for even taking up the 8th slot.

Congrats on the win guys. great format but we REALLy need to figure out a way to make it so we can play each person and not duplicate as many games. I think I played on 4or5 games in 9 rounds and only faced 5 people from each league. I am trying to figure out a way to get this to work in excel but am stumped thus far on a way to play each person from each league AND play a new game each round (unless a host has 16 games to use)
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Hilton wrote:
TomGWI wrote:

You won this because I obviously have no business being part of these. Could have literally put any other Madison person in my place and they would have won. I feel pretty bad for even taking up the 8th slot.

Congrats on the win guys. great format but we REALLy need to figure out a way to make it so we can play each person and not duplicate as many games. I think I played on 4or5 games in 9 rounds and only faced 5 people from each league. I am trying to figure out a way to get this to work in excel but am stumped thus far on a way to play each person from each league AND play a new game each round (unless a host has 16 games to use)

As I have said numerous times, you can't make it work with 8 players to pair everyone up. The magic number is 9. I figured it out last year after the event. I brought it up to Neo this year and got shoot down.
Given space constraints they split the 16 games into groups so we wouldn't be on top of each other which I thought was a good idea.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I figured out a method with 8players and 8 rounds where everyone plays everyone once. (Will be more fun than getting creamed by Brian L for 3 rounds :) )

Now we need to figure out if one of the Madison crew is able/willing to host for next year. Once we have a game count then we can figure out how to reduce repeats as best possible with the games available.

I am happy to run the event (like Paul did) if someone else wants to offer up the collection. I would do my house but unfortunately 20 is about the max with the current colleciton.

We could probably ask AltBrew or Schwoegler and bring in some spare games for a day if there was no private collection willing to host.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thought you were doing 24 people for the Madison City Championship at your place?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote:Thought you were doing 24 people for the Madison City Championship at your place?

offered it up for 24 (would be a first to see how it goes) but i think maybe 6 are signed up.

Looks like people have better things to do on NYE than play pinball (understandably)
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Just want to put a thought out there that the 2017 Intra-State League Championship is coming up in the Fall. Madison league is up next in the rotation. It would be nice to get a date and host picked out as we start running out of weekends in the fall. The early part of November has worked well the last 2 years.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

anyone in Madison able to host this?

I have too much on my plate with other pinball event obligations so I am not able to host but would be happy to assist with making it run when a host steps up.
Eric_S

Re: Intrastate League championship

Post by Eric_S »

Just checking if the Madison league has determined a date and location for the Intrastate League Championship tourney for this fall yet?
Hilton

Re: Intrastate League championship

Post by Hilton »

Eric_S wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:35 am Just checking if the Madison league has determined a date and location for the Intrastate League Championship tourney for this fall yet?
I have asked but not heard anything. May want to reach out to the Madison Board of Directors directly as they dont all visit here often.

I think that includes Sean, Ryan, Tim, and a few others but not sure whom current board is TBT.
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

I spoke with Mark and it seems like things are headed in the right direction.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Pleased to announce the official 2017 Wisconsin Intrastate Pinball League Championship Tourney!

This will be a continuation of the previous two years in that it’s a fun team play based tournament pitting the highest ranked pinball players from the Fox Cities, Madison and Milwaukee pinball leagues in a tournament to crown an intra-state league champion. After the success the previous two years, Madison is host this year.

Note - This is just for a league championship which is exclusively for bragging rights. For the Wisconsin State Championship, the annual IFPA State Championship Series (SCS) which will be in February, 2018.

Here are the details:

Date – Saturday, November 11, 2017 starting at 10 AM

Location –Mark Seidler’s home in Lodi WI (Address to be sent to League TDs)

Fee – $20 per person to cover lunch, beverages, and trophies/plaques

Attendees – 24 total, 8 from each of the three Wisconsin Leagues (Milwaukee, Madison and Fox Cities). Each league can determine whom to include from their respective league based on their league’s standings. Neo will coordinate the Milwaukee league attendees, Ryan will coordinate the Madison league attendees, and Eric will coordinate the Fox Cities league.

Early Day Format: in the early part of the day, we’ll play a total of nine rounds. Each round will have 8 games played. The games will be three player groups, with one member from each of the leagues playing. Player groupings and games will be randomly selected each round and playing order will rotate by league. The winner of the game gets 3 points, second place gets 2 points, and third place gets 1 point. After nine rounds, each league’s point totals will be added to determine which league won. If there is tie for a winner, another round will be played among the leagues that tied.

Later Day Format: (The Mad Twisted Fox Knockout Bash)--After the initial nine rounds are complete, we’ll do a Two-Strike, Group Knockout tournament for fun. This means players will be assembled into 4 player groups(3 when applicable). Players will play one game, and the lowest two scores receive a strike(possibly only the lowest score in 3 player groups). Ranking will be based on individual point totals from the earlier portion of the day. The top eight qualifiers will get a first round bye. Highest seed will have pick of game, then order will be selected by other players based on seeding. These results will be submitted to IFPA.

Possibility of a mini-tournament, but nothing is concrete, as of yet.

Game list is:

Metallica (pro)
Medusa
KISS (premium)
Space Station
Torpedo Alley
Congo
Quicksilver
Taxi
TX Sector
Mousin’ Around

Potential List

Stargazer
IJ4
Tommy
Dracula
AFM

Contact me with any questions. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks Mark for doing this.