Waun-a-Pinball Tournament!!

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
tullster

Waun-a-Pinball Tournament!!

Post by tullster »

I've just updated the website for the Waun-a-Pinball Tournament on March 1st.

http://www.waunapinballtourney.com/index.html

Check it out, and if anyone notices anything I might have missed/screwed up, let me know. I'll announce it on Pinside & start putting up posters soon.

I'm not 100% sure of the Game line-up yet, but will announce it around the end of January. The Games will be set up by Friday Feb 21st for practice.

Tully
Last edited by tullster on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Re: Waun-a-Pinball Tournament!!

Post by Hilton »

Website link?

Can we register now?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Your payout appears to be 110% unless I'm reading it wrong.

Hope I'm able to make it this year. have a major scheduling conflict that I need to overcome.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Payout issue resolved, Website link added, and yes if anyone wants to register, just send an e-mail and I'll sign you up. We'll have more Plaques and/or trophies this year too.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Just sent in an email for registration. Thanks for setting up/running it again this year Tully!
-Mike
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sent my email.

Website looks good. Only feedback is to add something to clarify the qualifying cutoff. Something like, "at 330 only the person next in line for each game will be allowed to play". Or "at 330 qualifying stops and only games already started will be allowed to finish"

I know last year there we long lines and people complained. I have found clarifying on the website usually makes it easier on the organizer.

Looking forward to this event already
Ran

Post by Ran »

Got my confirmation.
Can't wait to play again this year.
Thanks again for organizing the tourney Tully!
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
tullster

Post by tullster »

I'll throw this out here in case anyone missed the Pinside post and to make it totally official... As of Thursday the 15th, we're 44/50...6 spots left!

The competition is gonna be tight this year!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

That's awesome Tully!! Congrats on building such a well loved event! See you Sunday!!
Tmac

Post by Tmac »

Thanks to all the players that have attended the last 3 years! Without you there be no 4th annual Waun-A-Pinball!
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

WAHHHH!!! I WAUNA-PLAY!!! Can't make it March 1st....gotta be at a very important lady's son's wedding.... :shock: PRIORITIES!!

Gotta send BIG THANKS to TULLSTER and his crew for puttin' on one of the best pin tourneys around!!!!

But I'll be seeing ya'll Feb 22 at our League night at the WaunaBowl...THANKS AGAIN, TULLSTER!!!
:mrgreen:
YOU ALL HAVE SUCH A GOOD TIME!!!
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact
tullster

Post by tullster »

The games are back from the bowels of the Waun-a-Bowl and set up! The 5 qualification games are in the big room, and the mini-Tourney games are in the locker Room behind lanes 1 & 2. I've fixed a few issues, noticed a few more, and will be stopping down daily to check on/tweak things. I'll leave a "game problems" sheet to write down problems on.

I've been contacted by the Wisconsin State Journal, and they want to do a story! Barry Adams and his photographer John Hart, will be stopping down on Wednesday night about 7-7:30 to take some photos & interview some people. Could some of you try to be down there? 8-) I'll try to make it, but being on call, I can't guarantee my whereabouts at that time. Might be a good chance to do an impromptu Mini-Tournament? What'cha think?
tullster

Post by tullster »

Oh yeah, I'm a little last-minute on this, but I should probably make up some sort of loose volunteer schedule. I also might need a few more folks to help. Contact me and we'll work it out. I'm thinking if you volunteer and want to compete, you could stop in early and do a qualification round before the Tourney "officially" starts.

Thanks,
Tully
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I can plan to stop in on Wednesday but not 100%...

I will of course be happy to help out with Scorekeeping where I can. I hope to actually compete this year but with any luck I will toss up a good set of games my first attempt and can just fill in from there.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I can definitely help out as needed (covering breaks or covering while others qualify). But as this is quality time with Alec, I'd also like plenty of free time to hang with him and socialize with everyone else.