WTB - DMD Pin for $2500 or less

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
Pixelbleed

Re: WTB - DMD Pin for $2500 or less

Post by Pixelbleed »

Brandon (bmaster31) it was a pleasure and nice to meet another pinball fan. I'm glad everything worked out. Sad to see her go but happy knowing that it went do a good home. I would love to see the LEDs when you get a chance and if you need help with anything reach out. If I don't know I know someone here will. Great buyer and wonderful experience. +1 Rep from me!
a.k.a. - Matt
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

bmaster31 wrote:Picked up Goldeneye from Matt yesterday. Got it all setup and leveled, then was able to get several games in. It's a great game (very fast!), I'm really happy with the purchase. Thank you Matt and everyone else for your input. I'll be looking for some advice in the near future on an LED upgrade for this machine.

Thanks again!
Brandon

cometleds

buy the warm white frosted 2SMD style. Buy in bulk packs of 100 and save big. They are by far my favorite bulb and great price, plus Comet puts money back in to develop more new stuff all the time.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I buy most of my stuff from Comet. They have a great selection and prices are decent. Their frosted 1/2 SMD and 1/2 LED bulbs are great. Warm White is a little cooler (but close) to stock, and Natural White is excellent for cooler lighting.

Be aware that if you have small holes (such as for some GI) in the playfield that their non-ghosting bulbs are thicker than the bulbs without non-ghosting, so they don't fit in some narrow applications. I have a SF2 that requires a very thin bayonet bulb neck.

Fortunately that's not a problem for most insert applications, as they tend to be bayonet mounts "floating in space" on a bracket under the table.

Also check out the flexible neck bulbs. Those work great for some insert applications under the playfield. Especially inserts where the bulb is at 90 degrees to a circular insert. You can get much more even coverage (and less bleedover to other inserts) using the flexible necks.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses