For Sale - Beautiful Centaur II - SOLD

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
MikeS

For Sale - Beautiful Centaur II - SOLD

Post by MikeS »

I'm getting the urge to pickup a newer Stern (Possibly Ghostbusters or TWD) and will be listing some of my games for sale in the coming days in hopes that a couple of them sell and I can raise some cash. First up is a beautiful Centaur II. I've spent countless hours and put about $1800 in parts into her to make it so beautiful. It plays just as nice as it looks. Here's a breakdown of some of the work done:
CPR Gold playfield swapped in
CPR Mirrored plastics set
chrome nuts on the plastics
all new star posts throughout
New Drop Targets and Stand up targets
New Flippers, Flipper mechs/EOS Switches
All new sleeves throughout
New Shooter rod
New Legs
New glass
New Say it Again Refurb board
I replaced all caps/pots in Squawk in Talk Sound board
Replaced large caps on Driver board and installed memory capacitor on CPU Board
Rebuilt most of the rectifier board
Seigecraft boards to enable LED's in inserts
LED's from Comet (2SMD mostly warm white). I left some of the GI incandescent to cut down on strobing effect during attract mode
Home ROM installed.-these improve gameplay/rules significantly over stock
I know there's more and I'll add if I think of it.

Pretty much everything you see his been buffed and polished. The only thing I really didn't get around to doing was to restore the inside of the cabinet because hey it's an inner cabinet and you never see it. Cabinet is original but has been touched up in spots. The game isn't perfect but it has got to be one of the nicest Centaur II's in existence. Asking $3300 or bo.

Here's a video of my game in action. And no, it usually isn't this forgiving.-I just had an exceptional ball!
https://youtu.be/xLkxlGHnH8o

Lots of additional pics here:
https://goo.gl/photos/7kUzoEV6uK1GdEkr6

Thanks!
Mike
Last edited by MikeS on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
MikeS

Re: For Sale - Beautiful Centaur II with CPR Playfield installed

Post by MikeS »

pics
Attachments
IMG_7250.JPG
IMG_7231.JPG
IMG_7246.JPG
IMG_7283.JPG
IMG_7269.JPG
IMG_7242.JPG
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Dang dude, these new Sterns are a testament to how good they really are. I know I sold some games to bring in a GB, and I am seeing a little more uptick in sales from long time collectors to fund some of these most recent Sterns.

Good luck with your sale, your machine looks amazing, you did a great job with it. I remember when you grabbed it on MGC as an impulse buy, and it is crazy to think what it looks like now compared to then.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

Got my arse kicked by this machine last week. Plays like it came right out of the box.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

This is really a great looking machine, and Mike is a great guy to deal with. Good luck!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Thanks guys! And I agree with Tim that Stern is really knocking it out of the park lately. Typically I'd be content just playing Sterns on route but with the new baby arriving any day now its going to be tough for me to get out of the house... Sad to list some of my old favorites for sale but the new games coming out are just too tempting and something has to give!