Price Check - Who Dunnit

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
pthermes

Price Check - Who Dunnit

Post by pthermes »

Not the most popular pin, so I am having a hard time judging a value. What do you guys think for a working players condition machine that needs a good cleaning?
MikeS

Re: Price Check - Who Dunnit

Post by MikeS »

Without pics it's hard to make an estimate, but Who Dunnit value seems to fall in the $1800-$2400 depending on condition.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

Thanks!!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

I would try to cap it around 1400-1500. It really depends on what it needs (other than cleaning). Just remember that when/if you go to sell it, players condition machines take a lot longer to sell than nice examples, and while we aren't collecting pinballs to make money when we go to sell, not losing our shirts on them when it comes time to sell is always a nice feeling.

If you can post pics, we can also help out with what to look at specifically.

Good Luck!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

typical cracked center ramp, slot reels messed up, and chipped clue inserts are things to look for.

I sold a nice one last year (no issues and clean) for more than quoted and pretty sure that guy has already resold it for even more since then.

I would want to get it for 2k if no big issues and pf OK. Once cleaned up you could prob get out of it for 2500 (again if 100% and no pf issues)
Methos

Post by Methos »

The ramp and reels are not in production and very rare. If either of those are messed up, I would pass on it unless it was cheap.
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

Can't seem to get a reply from the seller so it doesn't seem this one will happen. Thanks everyone for the input.
pthermes

Post by pthermes »

After numerous emails and bad communication I did end up getting Who Dunnit off Craigslist from Chicago burbs. The backbox side-art is missing and not available. Should I leave it blank or put something else on it? I Was thinking maybe TZ since they are readily available and don't have a game name on them. Any other ideas?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

leave it black.
jonogo

Post by jonogo »

Nice find, I love W?D, miss mine, but its close to home..
Collection contains...
Pins: nada
arcades: nada