SOLD Virtual pinball machine

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
Chris K

SOLD Virtual pinball machine

Post by Chris K »

It's time to sell our vpin. It’s a 3-screen table in a Bally cabinet. We bought it finished from another local back when we had three pinball tables. Our plan was to have three pinball tables and the vpin, so we didn’t go nuts buying pinball tables. We ended up going nuts anyway, and now the vpin is low man on the totem pole to clear out space for Star Wars.

Back when I was working on it, I had >200 tables working and then decided to start over clean with a more powerful PC. I only plugged a few tables into the front end after rebuilding then bought a ton of pinball tables and ran out of time to set up the vpin. All the tables are still there, just waiting to be plugged into the front end. It takes a couple minutes for each one.

Since I barely have enough time to keep up on repairs on my other tables, the vpin has to go.

I’m asking $700. Way cheaper than most vpins, but it does need some work. If you want to experiment with virtual pinball for relatively cheap, this is your table!

The good:
  • The pinball controller gives you an analog plunger & nudge
  • It has solenoids that go ‘thunk’ when you press the flippers, but the power supply was dead when I got it and I never bothered to fix it. Drop a new one in and I think you’ll be OK.
  • It’s a full 3-screen setup. The playfield display is de-cased and fits perfectly.
  • The PC inside is hugely overkill. I had a gaming PC’s guts lying around and used that. It’s a really fast i5 with an SSD and a video card that’s overkill for virtual pinball.
  • There’s TONS of tables and metadata, many with B2S backglasses. Seriously, this took a ton of time to collect and the work is all done.
The bad:
  • The nudge and analog plunger take a lot of work to calibrate.
  • I have a cut-out template for the backglass, but it’s not installed.
  • It has some of the infamous vpin latency on the controls. I installed a much more powerful CPU, which should be plenty powerful to eliminate the latency if you put some effort in.
The cabinet is currently painted black and red stripes, with a “U2” stencil on it. That’s either good or bad depending on your opinion of U2. :)

Here’s all the specs:

PC:
Windows 7 Professional
i5-4570 (3.2GHz quad core)
4GB RAM
1TB HDD & 256GB SSD
NVidia GeForce 760 GTX
620W PSU
2.1 speakers
Speed-controlled fans tied to chassis temperature (read: quiet unless it get toasty)

Displays:
1920x1080 Playfield
1920x1080 Backglass
1280x1024 DMD

Pinball parts:
Cabinet was previously a Bally Night Rider.
Nanotech Mot-Ion controller (https://store.nanotechent.com/index.php ... duct_id=64) provides button interface and analog nudge
Double flipper buttons each side
8 buttons on front of cab
Analog plunger
Knocker solenoids tied to flipper buttons (non-functional at the moment)

Software:
PinballX front-end
Visual Pinball 9.2.1, 9.9 Physmod, 9.9.3, 10
100s of tables, TONS of metadata, and the “hard to find” Stern SAM ROMs

IMG_20170712_151126.jpg
IMG_20170712_151140.jpg
IMG_20170712_152444.jpg
IMG_20170712_152455.jpg
IMG_20170712_152731.jpg
Last edited by Chris K on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
u2sean

Re: FS: Virtual pinball machine

Post by u2sean »

A U2 stenciling? That's so awesome! Who WOULDN"T want that on their virtual cab? That's what I would put on the sides if it were my machine! :D

Great seller here, and a solid price on a 3-screen virtual cab.

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Hey, I like it! I would have chosen a Joshua Tree stencil if I had my druthers, but where the heck do ya find one of those? :)
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

GLWS Chris! Hope it can find a good home. For 900, a complete steal for someone looking to dabble with virtual pin!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Thanks! Before I got into pinball I thought there was a size of house that was sufficient. If I could just keep digging down and adding more basements so I never had to sell anything, I would. :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Can you change the stencil to Phish ;)
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I would do any band for a sale,
Yes I would do any band for a sale,
I would do any band for a sale,
But I won’t do Meatloaf.
No, I won’t do Meatloaf.

(I’m not actually gonna spray the table... you don’t want me anywhere near a rattlecan, the only color I can make is “runny”. :) )
Chris K

Re: FS: REDUCED Virtual pinball machine

Post by Chris K »

Reducing to $800.
Chris K

Re: FS: REDUCED Virtual pinball machine

Post by Chris K »

OK, $700. After that I'm stripping it for parts!
Chris K

Re: SOLD Virtual pinball machine

Post by Chris K »

The table is sold, thanks!