Ghostbusters.......

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ChrisS

Re: Ghostbusters.......

Post by ChrisS »

I love that the slings are so random. Let's see Bowen do a tutorial on this. The good players (not me) can anticipate what the ball will do coming off the slings. This changes that in a big way.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

ChrisS wrote:I love that the slings are so random. Let's see Bowen do a tutorial on this. The good players (not me) can anticipate what the ball will do coming off the slings. This changes that in a big way.
http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-ma ... gs/1465/29

Tournament players reaction in the link above
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Not sure if anyone caught this.

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/64587350

The mag slings are somewhat disappointing because it looks like they centered 1 switch in the middle of the sling instead of 1 at each end. I.E. Some of the hits to the slings at the top weren't causing the mag sling to fire.

Man I hope I'm wrong about this.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

ChrisS wrote:Not sure if anyone caught this.

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/v/64587350

The mag slings are somewhat disappointing because it looks like they centered 1 switch in the middle of the sling instead of 1 at each end. I.E. Some of the hits to the slings at the top weren't causing the mag sling to fire.

Man I hope I'm wrong about this.
You are correct. Only one switch. I honesty thought they looked good. I was expecting more unfair drains from the magnets. They seemed to behave better than I expected.
From Dwight Sullivan's conversation, it sounds like they will have three different actions.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

my understanding is the 3 different actions are no pulse, quick short pulse, or mutiple harder pulses.
Guessing they may aslo be used in a way to stall and then drop the ball.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

The more I see of this game, the more I am glad I went with the Premium. I really dislike the right ramp on the Pro, it really does seem like an afterthought. I mean, the Pro looks like it is incredible for a Pro, but the Premium looks like it shoots as it was originally designed. It is hard to explain, but watching the Pro shoot and watching the Premium shoot, the Premium just looks so much more fluid.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

my thought is thatthe right ramp on the pro is the weakest aspect of it. Too tight and poorly designed. I do like that the right ramp has 2 return options though.

John T always designs the full game and then strips back to fit the Stern Pro model and that is one aspect where it can be seen/felt.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Regarding the magna-slings... I think if you are expecting them to work just like regular slings you may be in for a disappointment. I think they're awesome just for the sake of being different and having 3 different actions and having a cool sound effect. I think you just need to have an open mind and accept that they aren't going to fire every time a ball brushes any part of the slingshot like standard slings can. There are plenty of games in history that have slings without kickers in them. My Black hole has a lower sling without a kicker and it doesn't make the game any less brutal. I applaud the creative design choice and think it adds something cool and different to the game that we aren't used to seeing in DMD games.

I really think you can't go wrong with either the Pro or Premium on this title. The Premium is the way to go if you have the cash but that doesn't make the Pro any less fun to play. Biggest drawback on the Pro for me is missing crossover ramp. The only thing mildly disappointing on the LE is that Slimer doesn't move up/down in addition to left/right. It's still cool since he moves around but it would even be better if he could bounce up and down as well like he does on the Pro.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I could go either way on this. I think I'd prefer the traditional slings, at least at this point. I think the crossover ramp is the big thing that would make me question the purchase of a pro. Otherwise, there's really a lot of value in the Pro (feels weird saying that since it's roughly $5k..).

I'm still kicking the tires.. I'd like to get some plays on both before doing anything, and I'd also like to see what Stern has planned next.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

DeaconBlooze wrote:I'd also like to see what Stern has planned next.
I don't know what it will be, but I bet it comes from a galaxy far, far away...
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:I could go either way on this. I think I'd prefer the traditional slings, at least at this point. I think the crossover ramp is the big thing that would make me question the purchase of a pro. Otherwise, there's really a lot of value in the Pro (feels weird saying that since it's roughly $5k..).

I'm still kicking the tires.. I'd like to get some plays on both before doing anything, and I'd also like to see what Stern has planned next.
I plan on putting mine at a $1 per play for Ballers night, so you can get some time on it then.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

BigDaddyBanjo wrote:

I am thinking Aerosmith is next. Also I expect BDKve to be somewhere soon. Guessing it will be a little while since they seem to be WAY behind since they brought playfield produciton internal and are working out those bugs.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:
BigDaddyBanjo wrote:

I am thinking Aerosmith is next. Also I expect BDKve to be somewhere soon. Guessing it will be a little while since they seem to be WAY behind since they brought playfield produciton internal and are working out those bugs.

That would be unfortunate.... Two turds in the punchbowl at the same time can't be good for business.
Current Collection
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote:Two turds in the punchbowl at the same time can't be good for business.
:lol: I think they're going to have their hands full with Ghostbusters for a long time, so having a few turds to fill in the gap when needed isn't necessarily a bad idea. If they give Batman a similar retheme like they did with SMVE, I think it could be really cool (NOT "premium price" cool, but cool nonetheless..)
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

It doesn't seem like there's any wrong choice here. It's like buying a Ferrari and deciding whether to drop the extra cash for a sequential shift transmission. Either way, you still have a Ferrari. :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses