I don't want either one of my games...

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
noncommittaldave

I don't want either one of my games...

Post by noncommittaldave »

... but i don't want to sell them because i know there are too many hoarders and new hobbyists out there that I won't be able to get anything back if i change my mind. Thoughts on a solution? :lol:

No offense to No-Bling as I bought/traded the games I own from him. They are nice games, I'm not being disrespectful to him in any way. I appreciate the generosity he has shown with his fair deals...

Edit: I'm not directing the hoarder/newbie comment at anyone here, either. They do exist, though...
noncommittaldave

Re: I don't want either one of my games...

I'm like Wispinball's Kaneda. so much drama from one person. hahaha! I replied to my own thread. wow.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Sell BSD... Use that money to buy some new hip waders and a new fly rod. Tis almost the season.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, NBA Fastbreak, Williams Phoenix
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

noncommittaldave wrote:... but i don't want to sell them because i know there are too many hoarders and new hobbyists out there that I won't be able to get anything back if i change my mind. Thoughts on a solution? :lol:

No offense to No-Bling as I bought/traded the games I own from him. They are nice games, I'm not being disrespectful to him in any way. I appreciate the generosity he has shown with his fair deals...

Edit: I'm not directing the hoarder/newbie comment at anyone here, either. They do exist, though...
I am a hoarder but I also try to share them as much as possible. Does that make me any better ? ;)

I say if you are not enjoying them then you should just sell them and let someone else enjoy them.

If I was in your shoes, I would >>> Offer them back to the guys you bought them from 1st. If they dont want them then try to work out a deal with someone where you sell them the game but get buyback rights for 1 year. Make it so after 6 months there is a check in and if you want the game then you get it back for the same price (plus and upgrade/parts cost in improvements). Check back again in another 6 months.

After 12 months if you dont want it back then you are likely better off without it. Life is too short for your hobbies to cause you any angst in my opinion.
noncommittaldave

ralphwiggum wrote:Sell BSD... Use that money to buy some new hip waders and a new fly rod. Tis almost the season.

I already bought all that stuff last fall. :shock:

I am leaning towards folding them up and putting them in the basement out of sight and see if I miss them. Lol, it isn't easy being this wishy-washy....
Methos

Post by Methos »

Try packing them up and bring them out later. See if your kids or you miss them. If not, sell them and get as much as you can. Take the $ and use it to take your family to a vacation, just not one where you spend too much time in the car.

8-)
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Or sell them both to me...... CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, you guys all missing an opportunity to pray on someone when they are at their weakest. :lol:

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

if you dont want them, sell them. If you want them again, go buy them. If you can't get the exact same table, go buy a similar one. Not too complicated.

One thing is for sure: the person you sell to WILL want the table more than you (by definition), so holding onto tables you don't want is essentially hoarding.

So:

1) Sell them both to Chris
2) Chris, sell me your SS to make room
3) We all go to each other's houses to visit our old tables

Everybody wins! Well, I know I do... :)
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

well... that should do it. Dave M is a hoarder ;)

I bet those games are packed and gone already now.

Good luck with your noncommitment Dave.
noncommittaldave

I can part with bsd, I think. Whirlwind, however is easily a 95th percentile machine as far as unrestored games are concerned. I think I'm leaning towards selling bsd and just keeping whirlwind...

In regards to hoarding, I have multiple relatives that have diagnosable hoarding disorder but they don't have nasty stuff saved. Maybe that's why I'm so bothered by having stuff around I don't use.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

We've been dumping everything we don't actually use for the same reason, mostly to not have so much junk around, but also to make more room for pins while retaining a guest room. We've eliminated a 7x14ft room full of stuff in the past few months. Tonight I go home to demo a wall and build our own little pinball palace. Only problem is, we'll have room for 11 pins, but we only own 5.

I tell ya, Hilton, if we hadn't just bought a table I'd be knocking on your door for your JD. And probably yours too for BSD, Dave. :)
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Chris > you have the disease bad, LOL.

If you want to borrow JD and clean it up then you are welcome to it. We can work something out.

I think you have my number. Feel free to call or message me.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

You say disease, but I say I'm finally cured of a video game addiction! ;)